Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Sheffied Wednesday (A)

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Attempting to move on from terrible refereeing decisions, my team would be....

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Goldson
Rosenior

Skalak
Kayal
Sidwell
Knockaert

Hemed
Wilson

Subs: Maenpaa, Bong, Calderon, Towell, Murphy, LuaLua, Baldock

Can't see the FA rescinding the Stephens red card or it will make a mockery of the game yesterday. Think Wilson has been looking sharper recently so would give him a start over Baldock. Was an advocate of starting Murphy yesterday but was pretty anonymous for me so think Skalak deserves to be back in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Calde for Greer.

I realize you live in a different part of the world but do you see the game differently. Calderon has proved already this season that he is now past it and not good enough for the first team and you want to replace an international CB with a player who has only played there in an emergency. FWIW I didnt think Greer did much wrong yesterday and being substituted was because we needed to bring on Lua Lua to try to get something, not that he did anything when he came on, so that ploy failed not CH fault.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Agree with the OP on the team. Baldock and Murphy were both pretty anonymous yesterday, and Knockaert was quiet. Greer did not let us down.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
How about
.................................Sockdale.....................
Rosenior...........Greer.........Goldson...............Bong

Knockaert...........Bruno.........Kayal..............Murphey
.....................Hemed............Baldock

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
OP has it pretty spot on IMO.

Murphy and Baldock didn't do anything of note yesterday. I'm curious as to will make our bench in terms of centre mid cover. I assume we will have the options of Crofts, Ince, JFC and Towell so who would folks pick to cover Stephens absence? Towell would be my bet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Taken from the other thread.

Stockdale
Bruno..Greer...Goldson..Bong
Knockhaert..Rosenior..Sidwell...Kayal...Skalak
Hemed.​

Subs: Maenpaa, Baldock, Wilson, Lua Lua Calderon Murphy and either Holla orn Towell.

Go to Wednesday to avoid defeat and put Rosenior to man mark Forrestierre.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Taken from the other thread.

Stockdale
Bruno..Greer...Goldson..Bong
Knockhaert..Rosenior..Sidwell...Kayal...Skalak
Hemed.​

Subs: Maenpaa, Baldock, Wilson, Lua Lua Calderon Murphy and either Holla orn Towell.

Go to Wednesday to avoid defeat and put Rosenior to man mark Forrestierre.

Bong looked 10 yards off the pace last time out. No chance we chuck him in and move Rosenior. Who has never played CM.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I realize you live in a different part of the world but do you see the game differently. Calderon has proved already this season that he is now past it and not good enough for the first team and you want to replace an international CB with a player who has only played there in an emergency. FWIW I didnt think Greer did much wrong yesterday and being substituted was because we needed to bring on Lua Lua to try to get something, not that he did anything when he came on, so that ploy failed not CH fault.

He was crap.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I think we must look not just to hold them but to score on Friday so I'd play 4-4-2.

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldston
Greer
Rosenior
Knockaert
Kayal
Sidwell
Murphy
Wilson
Hemed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bong looked 10 yards off the pace last time out. No chance we chuck him in and move Rosenior. Who has never played CM.

Bong would be ok if he starts the game and my idea is not to use Rosenior as a CMF but more as a man marker for Foriestierre. I believe he is the best man to adapt to do that job. I do not rate Crofts but if available he would be the best to do a man mark job. He isnt so the next best is Rosenior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here