Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings; Middlesbrough

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So the dust has settled, let's review!

Stockdale 8 Pretty solid all round, made the great save - irrelevant that it was offside. No blame for the goal.
Bruno 7 Less of an impact on the game on the day, but solid at full back.
Goldson 8 Outstanding overall, questionable at times in the first half but solid as a rock in the second.
Greer 7 Solid return for Gordon, no dramas.
Rosenior 6 No real impact on the game and his distribution was disappointing at times.
Knockaert 7 Ordinary game from him but he worked really hard and gave it a go.
Stephens 7 Unlucky with the red card, it's a yellow at worst. Good goal and strong overall.
Kayal 7 Not at his best but such an influence in our team, so important for the play-offs.
Murphy 5 Only one or two good runs, no final ball. We never got on top in the game, he didn't help us too much.
Baldock 1 What did he do? Other than not hold up the ball, not move into space and not offer anything to the team.
Hemed 5 Won a few flick ons and kept going to his credit, but no threat on the day.

Subs
Wilson 5 Didn't really add anything to the team but it was a poor performance all round.
Sidwell 5 Solid enough but didn't really make much of an impact.
LuaLua 4 Didn't do anything. At all. Very disappointing.

No point scoring Mike Dean. :thumbsup:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bet you couldn't wait for another opportunity to slate Baldock. Boring. How anyone can call themselves a supporter when they clearly get a kick out of constantly slating one of our own players is beyond me.

Wilson did just as little as he did today.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bet you couldn't wait for another opportunity to slate Baldock. Boring. How anyone can call themselves a supporter when they clearly get a kick out of constantly slating one of our own players is beyond me.

Wilson did just as little as he did today.

Wilson got on the ball and tried to make things happen, he had very little contribution and in reality our lack of presence up front is the difference on the day. I can't rate Baldock any higher, because he doesn't do anything, period. I know people have their excuses lined up for him, and that's fine, but don't pretend he did anything rate worthy. How did you feel when he shanked a cross out of play in the first couple of minutes? Personally, I had no reaction because I was not surprised.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 7.5
Bruno 7
Goldson 7.5
Greer 6.5
Rosenior 6.5
Knockaert 6 .5
Stephens 6
Kayal 7
Murphy 5.5
Baldock 5
Hemed 5

Wilson 6.5
Sidwell 7
LuaLua 7

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Stockdale 8 - Solid all day long today and a great save to keep us in with a chance with 10 mins to go

Bruno 7 - Solid but not as flair as normal. Made some important tackles second half

Greer 5 - Thought he looked well off the pace (not surprising) and seems to have to wrestle with players and give away freekicks due to his lack of pace. Dunk to come straight back for the second playoff leg.

Goldson 7 - 5 first half as he could have given away at least two goals with silly errors. Looked seriously nervous even in the warm up. 8 second half, really stepped up after regaining his composure at half time. Won almost everything, especially impressive once he was on his own.

Rosenior 6 - Solid, did nothing much wrong but a few times could have done with a left footed player to whip the cross in.

Knockeart 7 - Not up to recent standard however his booking limited him a bit. Would have maybe been sent off for a couple of further fouls but Dean bottled it having already sent off Stephens. Great ball in for the goal but set pieces generally not up to his excellent standard

Stephens 9 - Dominated the middle of the park and was the best player on the pitch. Gutted for him, especially if red card upheld

Kayal 7 - Was stopped from driving forward as effectively as normal by Clayton. Still a class act.

Murphy 6 - Made some good runs especially first half but no end product

Baldock 5 - Very poor. Not battle, bottled a few challenges and was in their CB'S pocket.

Hemed 6 - Worked hard but wasn't up to it today. Got nothing from the ref and was shagged with 20 mins to go. Never really looked dangerous

Wilson 5 - See Baldock but with less passion or effort. Just doesn't look like he tries. Would rather have a youth player on the bench for the playoffs as at least they would be hungry

KLL 5 - Really poor again. Not even half the player he was at the start of the season

Sidwell 6 - Solid and won a few important tackles. Would be a decent replacement for Stephens if banned

Hughton 9 - Did everything he could today. Really pleased he went bold with 10 to go and put KLL on for Greer. At least we drew after giving it a real go with only 10 men

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back.

Stockdale 7 - kicking not at its best. World class save late on
Bruno 8
Rosenoir 7
Goldson 6 nervy first, good second
Greer 6
Kayal 7
Stephens 8
Knockaert 7
Murphy 6
Hemed 6
Baldock 5 awful

Wilson 6
KLL n/a
Sidwell 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stockdale 7 Sod all to do, one good save of an offiside shot
Bruno 5 Should he have reached that cross for the goal rather always doing that thing of trying to grab an opposition player? seen it too often this season
Goldson 6 One bad mistake, one good clearance
Greer 7 Consistent performance
Rosenior 5 His most disappointing for a while. Oh for the Bong of first few months of the season.
Knockaert 7 As ever our only real creator
Stephens 7 Was playing well up to his unfortunate red and great goal
Kayal 6 Little bit of an off day by his high standards
Murphy 6 Willing runner but faded
Baldock 4 Bizarre loss of form
Hemed 5 Ineffective and a bad header from one of our few clean openings

Subs
Wilson 6 Moved well and hurried defenders, should have got a free kick near the end
Sidwell 6 Shored things up
LuaLua 6 Needed more time

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Stockdale 7
Bruno 5 Thought he could have been more pro-active in defending their goal
|Goldson 7
Greer 8 Thrown in at the deep end, i thought he did well.
Rosenior 5 Worst game I seen from him for a while. Very nervous.
Knockhaert 6
Kayal 5 See Rosenior
Stephens Great goal but I thought he was second best to most challenges, then he challenges Ramirez......
Murphy 6
Baldock 4 Invisible
Hemed 5 Off form again?

Subs:
Sidwell 6
Wilson 5
LuaLua 5

Really disappointing performance. Multiple unforced errors in that first half all over the park. Quite a few of our players are struggling against the top sides in this division which doesn't augur well for the playoffs.
We've now performed poorly for the last hour of Derby and the 11 man performance against Middlesbrough. I think we've been sussed. Play 3 in midfield against our 2 and we have no answer.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Stockdale 7
Bruno 5 Thought he could have been more pro-active in defending their goal
|Goldson 7
Greer 8 Thrown in at the deep end, i thought he did well.
Rosenior 5 Worst game I seen from him for a while. Very nervous.
Knockhaert 6
Kayal 5 See Rosenior
Stephens Great goal but I thought he was second best to most challenges, then he challenges Ramirez......
Murphy 6
Baldock 4 Invisible
Hemed 5 Off form again?

Subs:
Sidwell 6
Wilson 5
LuaLua 5

Really disappointing performance. Multiple unforced errors in that first half all over the park. Quite a few of our players are struggling against the top sides in this division which doesn't augur well for the playoffs.
We've now performed poorly for the last hour of Derby and the 11 man performance against Middlesbrough. I think we've been sussed. Play 3 in midfield against our 2 and we have no answer.

Although we drew against both teams with 10 men!!!!!!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 8
Bruno 6
Rosenior 6
Goldson 6
Greer 6
Stephens 8 MOTM
Kayal 7
Murphy 6
Knockaert 7
Hemed 5
Baldock 4

Wilson 5
Sidwell 8
Lua Lua 5

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale 7 Sod all to do, one good save of an offiside shot
Bruno 5 Should he have reached that cross for the goal rather always doing that thing of trying to grab an opposition player? seen it too often this season
Goldson 6 One bad mistake, one good clearance
Greer 7 Consistent performance
Rosenior 5 His most disappointing for a while. Oh for the Bong of first few months of the season.
Knockaert 7 As ever our only real creator
Stephens 7 Was playing well up to his unfortunate red and great goal
Kayal 6 Little bit of an off day by his high standards
Murphy 6 Willing runner but faded
Baldock 4 Bizarre loss of form
Hemed 5 Ineffective and a bad header from one of our few clean openings

Subs
Wilson 6 Moved well and hurried defenders, should have got a free kick near the end
Sidwell 6 Shored things up
LuaLua 6 Needed more time

Pretty much as I saw it. Stephens was my MOTM up to the point he was sent off.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Agree with that most worrying thing is baldock and hemed have been poor last two matches we need a performance from our strikers if we want to get over the line

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Stockdale 8
Bruno 6
Goldson 7 (strong second half, very mixed first)
Greer 7
Rosenior 6
Knockhaert 6
Kayal 7
Stephens 8
Murphy 5
Baldock 5
Hemed 6

Subs:
Sidwell 7
Wilson 6
LuaLua 6

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Stockdale 8
Bruno 7
Rosenior 6
Goldson 7
Greer 7
Stephens 8.5 MOTM
Kayal 7
Murphy 6
Knockaert 6
Hemed 6
Baldock 4

Wilson 5
Sidwell 6
Lua Lua 5

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Wilson got on the ball and tried to make things happen, he had very little contribution and in reality our lack of presence up front is the difference on the day. I can't rate Baldock any higher, because he doesn't do anything, period. I know people have their excuses lined up for him, and that's fine, but don't pretend he did anything rate worthy. How did you feel when he shanked a cross out of play in the first couple of minutes? Personally, I had no reaction because I was not surprised.

When someone is so critical of one player, it is clear they have an issue with them. Your issue is not just football. I can only assume it is down to some personal issue. Did he not give you an autograph last season?

Baldock wasn't great on Saturday but there's no way he was four marks worse than anyone else in the starting eleven.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale 7- had surprisingly little to do
Bruno 6 - average
Rosenior 5 - his needless foul that led to the free kick cost us the game IMO. I thought we were marginally on top until that point but they too the chance and it completely changed the complexion of the game
Goldson 7.5 - MOTM
Greer 7 - did a fabulous job after a real lack of game time
Stephens - 7
Kayal 6 - didn't impose himself on the game
Murphy 4 - anonymous
Knockaert 7 - you can't fault him for effort, but boy he's frustrating
Hemed 5 - Ayala and Gibson bossed him
Baldock 3 - marginally worse than Murphy

Wilson 4 - touch like a hammer
Sidwell 7 - I think he might do alright in the play offs
Lua Lua 6 - better than in recent performances

Mike Dean 3 - never gave us a thing and ruined the game
Hughton 3 - too predictable, no plan B (not that he had the chance with the red card)

Our fans on here post match 2 - ungracious and bigoted. I know it's disappointing but the abuse given to fans of several clubs in the past week has really surprised me. I think quite a few of you should just accept that Boro and Burnley deserve it over the 46 games and stop throwing your toys out of the pram. I was so proud of our support at Charlton but the recent bile on here is embarrassing.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Our fans on here post match 2 - ungracious and bigoted. I know it's disappointing but the abuse given to fans of several clubs in the past week has really surprised me. I think quite a few of you should just accept that Boro and Burnley deserve it over the 46 games and stop throwing your toys out of the pram. I was so proud of our support at Charlton but the recent bile on here is embarrassing.

I totally go along with that. Fair enough some of the other fans were trolling, but the reasonable ones got the same treatment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here