Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You are the ref: Dale Stephens' challenge on Gaston Ramirez

What was the correct decision for the Dale Stephens' challenge?

• Total voters

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm starting to get the sense that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] isn't in full agreement with the officiating today.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In the premier league, it's a straight red if you raise your leg against someone clearing the ball and they get caught....it happens week in week out.

We had a premiershite ref who wanted us all to know it.

Therefore we should have expected it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In the premier league, it's a straight red if you raise your leg against someone clearing the ball and they get caught....it happens week in week out.

Dale Stephens won the ball.

In fact he didn't even win the ball. He cleanly took a ball that was there to be taken. Ramirez was so slow, his attempt to get the ball meant he smashed his shin into the bottom of Stephens' boot.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Could understand if it Stephens made a stamping motion but he nicked the ball away and accidentally caught Ramirez on the follow through. A scandalous decision in a massive match and if the FA don't overturn it, they are institutionally corrupt.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

We had a premiershite ref who wanted us all to know it.

Therefore we should have expected it.

Well might not be such a bad thing if we stay in the championship then. ****ing shocking decison.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yellow for me. I think Stephens catches him on the follow through. It was his original card of choice and it would have felt fair enough.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Also, there's no way in a million years he would have sent off a Boro player if it was the other way round. It would have caused a riot.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wasn't even a foul. Stephens gently side footed the ball - you can tell that from the short distance it travelled - it was Ramirez's mistimed swing into Stephens' boots that injured him.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
If Ramirez had worn a proper pair of shin pads (I'm not sure he actually had any on at all) then the ref would have definatly kept with giving a yellow

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Could understand if it Stephens made a stamping motion but he nicked the ball away and accidentally caught Ramirez on the follow through. A scandalous decision in a massive match and if the FA don't overturn it, they are institutionally corrupt.

He didn't though Ramirez caught him with his shin whilst wearing tissue as a shin guard

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here