Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The sending off and the consequences

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was a straight red so we can appeal. But....studs on leg . . .very nasty gash (and I don't mean the ref's missus) . . . 50:50 it will stand.

I'm looking forward to the playoffs. There is no other way to think about it . . . .

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Never a red not even a foul but FA will uphold the decision or they are basically admitting one of the PL darling referees ****ed up in a major game

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was a straight red so we can appeal. But....studs on leg . . .very nasty gash (and I don't mean the ref's missus) . . . 50:50 it will stand.

I'm looking forward to the playoffs. There is no other way to think about it . . . .

They won't overturn Dean's decision.

Sidwell has looked pretty solid recently. Stephens has been brill but we'll have to do without him for one game

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

rubbish

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's wonderful to be back in Sussex right now, but the 300+ miles have allowed for some reflection.

It feels like the Oscar play-offs to me. We'll go into the away leg missing two key players, and Stephens looks set to miss 2/3.

We are very short of cover at centre back and Stephens is one of the best midfielders in the league.

I'll be honest - my hope is that by writing this down, my thoughts will turn out to be well wide of the mark.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I still don't think it's even a foul yet alone a red. Maybe I'm just bias but it was the follow through that brought him into contact with Stephens studs. The argument that his studs were high doesn't hold water as how is he meant to challenge for that ball without showing his studs. What is pissing me off is all the papers saying Stephens sent off for horror tackle. I may be a horrible injury but it was never a horror tackle. At most it could be called reckless (which I don't believe it was). Unfortunately this will just convince th FA more not to overturn the decision.

Sidwell played well when he came on. Not confident for the playoffs but who knows!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm more concerned about our form.

I think we've been very poor the last two games.

Today so many players made individual mistakes and had stinkers. Maybe we can't handle the pressure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I still don't think it's even a foul yet alone a red. Maybe I'm just bias but it was the follow through that brought him into contact with Stephens studs. The argument that his studs were high doesn't hold water as how is he meant to challenge for that ball without showing his studs. What is pissing me off is all the papers saying Stephens sent off for horror tackle. I may be a horrible injury but it was never a horror tackle. At most it could be called reckless (which I don't believe it was). Unfortunately this will just convince th FA more not to overturn the decision.

That's where I am.

Stephens, who was having a stormer, was just too quick for Ramirez and nicked the ball away easily.

Ramirez was just so slow that he ended up slamming his shin into the bottom of Stephens' boot.

The resultant injury, clearly unpleasant, was a direct result of his slowness, his low/small shin pads and modern blade boots.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nonsense decision. He cleanly one the ball, Gaston was late and got hurt. Madness. Ref was about 4 yards from the incident and took out a yellow card.

But then the ref made a lot of poor decisions in Middlesbrough's favour.

How much did the ref get paid for today? I imagine it was quite a lot, and he feels he earned his money.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's wonderful to be back in Sussex right now, but the 300+ miles have allowed for some reflection.

It feels like the Oscar play-offs to me. We'll go into the away leg missing two key players, and Stephens looks set to miss 2/3.

We are very short of cover at centre back and Stephens is one of the best midfielders in the league.

I'll be honest - my hope is that by writing this down, my thoughts will turn out to be well wide of the mark.
Wednesday:lolol: aren't as good as boro and Greer did a solid job given his recent lack of game time, Dunk will only be missing for the first leg as well.

Stephens red will go to appeal, we've nothing to lose by it, and if it isn't overturned then we'll probably see Sidwell and Rosenior in a midfield 5 for the away game which would be pretty solid too.

:)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Not confident for the play offs at all but I was absolutely convinced we would go on to win that after Stephens equaliser. It came at just the right time for us. The ridiculous sending off changed the game completely. It's simply too big a decision if he's not 100% certain. I've had 5 hours in the car to calm down and I'm more angry than ever. I'm so gutted I can't see how I'm going to get up for the play offs let alone the players. We just need to keep it tight and worse case lose by one goal on Friday and then hope we can do the business at the Amex. It would give the whole squad a huge lift if Stephens red was rescinded but we all know that's never going to happen. But today was our chance and but for the ref no one can convince me we wouldn't have won.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Have we had a game with Kayal and Sidwell starting together in a 2 man midfield? It's such a kick in the teeth to have the bloke that would have been my MOTM, based on his 60 minutes, missing for 3 of the most important games of the season. It could however be like Palace losing Murray,

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can't believe how far Lua Lua has fallen.......he was dreadful and we should have brought on jiri at the end...at leat he can cross and ping it one!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here