Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bitter moi?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Retrospective perspective and positive slant on the mountain slide to Championship oblivion... Hang on... where was this going?!? Oh yeah, two draws, two mediocre performances, yet two points against self professed world beaters Derby County and the gigantic Boro achieved with 10 men... Well... Clearly this is a rather stark vista... We are a very, very good team unbeaten for an age and one that will not give up.

Wed will fancy a win, but boy will they have to work to get it over two legs.

Hey we might not do it, again! but at least we can be proud of the team and the club we all love. Let's wipe those tears away and enjoy the next game. Football has a beatiful habit of burying the past with each new KO whistle.

I've moved on, we move on. We win and we win and we win... Simple enough. If we do that we get the Wembley feeling for the first time errmmm ever?!?

You know what, that I'd settle for in a heartbeat.

Let the babies have their bottle, let's not lose ours.

Albion forever.

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ohhhh forgot to mention; on the way home this eve, driving through leafy rural Northumberland, after wiping the sand from my face and hair, I spied a male Peacock sitting high up in a tree... A splendid and rare site indeed, perchance as rare as a seagull in the premier league.

Now I'm no ancient Roman warrior of yore, but I'd say that's an omen. The Gods are clearly angered, nay, enraged and they will have justice in this life or the next errmmm on Friday.

Kosh

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Retrospective perspective and positive slant on the mountain slide to Championship oblivion... Hang on... where was this going?!? Oh yeah, two draws, two mediocre performances, yet two points against self professed world beaters Derby County and the gigantic Boro achieved with 10 men... Well... Clearly this is a rather stark vista... We are a very, very good team unbeaten for an age and one that will not give up.

Wed will fancy a win, but boy will they have to work to get it over two legs.

Hey we might not do it, again! but at least we can be proud of the team and the club we all love. Let's wipe those tears away and enjoy the next game. Football has a beatiful habit of burying the past with each new KO whistle.

I've moved on, we move on. We win and we win and we win... Simple enough. If we do that we get the Wembley feeling for the first time errmmm ever?!?

You know what, that I'd settle for in a heartbeat.

Let the babies have their bottle, let's not lose ours.

Albion forever.

Kosh

Thanks for that positive and magnanimous perspective Kosh, there are a still a lot of our bitter, whining babies on here tonight who should really be off to their beds.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Too soon, maybe midweek

Nah, I'm over it. We drew, and hey, we lost out... But baby it's just football. Tonight they celebrate, by September they sack Karanka, by February they are 12 points adrift and by next August it's head in hands time and back to the championship. I could be wrong naturally, but I'd say there's an outside possibility of the above panning out just as written. It'd be the same for us and Burnley too... Long hard trips to City, Chelsea, dare I say Leicester... Fun until 3-0 becomes difficult to stomach.

Reality is harsh.

Let them quaff the champers tonight and later let us gather and gaze to the summit of the Ivory tower, and smile as the sweet grape turns to vinegar and the mighty fall asunder.

Kosh

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We've got to stop playing mediocre football to stand a chance in the play-offs.

Yep.

Paul Merson himself could not have said it with anymore expert authority and years of honed tactical analysis.

As for Garth Crooks, a thousand delayed and over emphasised sentances where clearly a few words would suffice.

I jest of course, it's a point well made akin to today.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I love the optimism.

But- Dunk, Stephens out. Albion just played 2 huge profile matches coming so close to promotion but just missed out.

Wednesday who have had nothing to play for weeks will be coming out like grey hounds for this game

I hope I'm wrong of course.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Our hopes are dashed,
a man's leg torn asunder,
breath held we are still.

Barefoot and weary we came to a valley and there we beheld the view, raiments of crystal reflecting pretension hugged from the shoulders of one and all.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I love the optimism.

But- Dunk, Stephens out. Albion just played 2 huge profile matches coming so close to promotion but just missed out.

Wednesday who have had nothing to play for weeks will be coming out like grey hounds for this game

I hope I'm wrong of course.

Dan, no one is pretending we're not up against it and yes Wednesday will be a wee bit fresher and will attempt to beat us and how! But no matter the personnel we will attempt to stop them.

Too close to call yep, but I choose to believe until the moment well and truly slips through our fingers.

After that, we'll bring on the new season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here