Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby result was the best thing for us .....

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Greer against Cardiff
Conceding late to Bolton, Derby, Burnley
Drawing with Huddersfield away
Losing at home to wolves
Losing away to rotherham

And the list goes on

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Derby did for us in the automatic stakes. Now i have a feeling we are destined to meet in the play off final. Play like we did for the second half today and we will have no worries whatsoever in the play-off's.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Many opinions are presented on the internet as fact. Most are wrong.

But if you seriously believe that if Boro needed a win rather than a draw, that they would have played the same formation and players, the same style and the same tactics at 1-1 and that the game in general would have followed the same pattern, then you know nothing about football. FACT.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Posts which end in FACT are most likely not. FACT.
Erm. I think that was my point. Apart from this case of course. Do you think the entire game would have played out the same as well then?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
If we had beat Derby and only needed a draw today, those last 30 minutes would have been played out very differently today

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Erm. I think that was my point. Apart from this case of course. Do you think the entire game would have played out the same as well then?

i don't know. But you could trawl through the whole season and for each match say "if only" and it doesn't change anything. We've been trying to win every game - sometimes we did, sometimes we didn't but at the end of the season that's where we are.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If we had beat Derby and only needed a draw today, those last 30 minutes would have been played out very differently today

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
The whole game would. Boro were happy to sit back and soak up pressure. I actually believe we had our best chance with them needing a draw as they seemed to sit too deep and although rarely in trouble, it would have taken just one free kick. Their strength this season has been relentlessly attacking teams and their strategy today seemed risky.

If we needed a draw, we could have caught them on the break and won, soaked up a draw or lost heavily. But it wouldn't have been the same game.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
i don't know. But you could trawl through the whole season and for each match say "if only" and it doesn't change anything. We've been trying to win every game - sometimes we did, sometimes we didn't but at the end of the season that's where we are.
Exactly. But some people only seem to be able to cope with not winning by finding something or someone to blame. Every team had their "could have been" moments. But the whole butterfly effect means that if anyone of these moments happened, everything else would have played out differently. Maybe the same outcome but maybe not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here