Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The half time thread

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
We've played poorly, making a lot of individual errors but we're still in it.

An equaliser would make it very uncomfortable for them.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I wouldn't bring Skalak on just yet. He hasn't got the pace that Murph has and I think he has played well so far.

Might look at Wilson as he is looking like getting back to fitness.

I reckon he will give them a fire up and then keep the team the same until about 60 mins and see where we are. Scary thing is that if we score two quick goals we will probably go one up top and invite the pressure on

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yeah, I think i would too. A set piece looks like our best way back into this. And bring on Wilson for Baldock. His pace is a threat and he has an eye for goal.

Whatever he decides to do we are in real trouble. Middlesbrough look rock solid and don't look remotely threatened when we have the ball whereas we look like we're stretched to the limit every time they have it. It doesn't help that nerves have clearly gotten to more than one or two of our players. Hopefully they can put that behind them in the second half or, ore likely, for the play offs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Positives - Boro have missed a raft of chances and that could play on their minds.
They're letting us play the ball on the floor far more than Derby did - we have the opportunity to create decent chances, just need a bit more composure and to do it.

COME ON

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't pretend to be a manager - but I wouldn't have gone as attacking from the off.

Get to HT and its 0-0 the Boro crowd and team would get nervous then you switch it up.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't pretend to be a manager - but I wouldn't have gone as attacking from the off.

Get to HT and its 0-0 the Boro crowd and team would get nervous then you switch it up.

Yes quieten the crowd down and make them nervous.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Skalak for Murphy was my first thought.
Rosenior has been awful and Boro are controlling the midfield so well that the service to the top 2 is non existent.
Bong, lua lua to maybe start pulling players out of position.
In sure Hughton will gee them up for the second half, we haven't got going yet though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't bring Skalak on just yet. He hasn't got the pace that Murph has and I think he has played well so far.

Might look at Wilson as he is looking like getting back to fitness.

I reckon he will give them a fire up and then keep the team the same until about 60 mins and see where we are. Scary thing is that if we score two quick goals we will probably go one up top and invite the pressure on
I agree Murphy has played well but he's getting no change out of their right hand side. Skalak at least provides us something different.

And Knocky needs to keep his head. If he gets sent off, we certainly won't win and we would have a massive issue in the play offs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Their defence has been incredible. Every time Baldock or Hemed are brought into the game, it's in a channel away from goal. I can't help thinking Kayal is far too deep at the moment and needs to be playing further forward.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Really poor showing and these hideous individual mistakes are doing wonders for boro's confidence.
Poor crossing and hemed and baldock are non existent...need Wilson on now me thinks.

Not sure why we always give silly free kicks away grrrr

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Yeah, I thought he would have gone 4-51 for the first 70 mins then go all out for the last 20. Going attacking from the start leaves us nowhere to go from here. Still, it's not over yet maybe we'll be a changed side in the second half.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here