Date: 07/05/2016
Kick Off: 12:30
Venue: Riverside Stadium​

Match Officials

MICHAEL DEAN
Simon Long and Ian Hussin
Fourth Official Darren Drysdale

Team News

Middlesbrough and Brighton go head-to-head for the final automatic promotion spot on Saturday.
Burnley have already secured their place back in the Premier League but with both sides locked on 88 points, the winner at the Riverside will join the Clarets in the big time.

A draw would be enough for Boro, by virtue of their better goal difference, but boss Aitor Karanka is unsure over the fitness of defender George Friend, who suffered a hamstring injury at Turf Moor last month.
Karanka confirmed the club's medical staff will assess Friend on Saturday morning, but does not anticipate doubts over other players.
Ritchie de Laet stands by to step into the defence for Boro should Friend fail to make the cut.

Brighton will be missing defender Lewis Dunk, who starts a two-match ban following his red card against Derby on Monday.
That means a first appearance since January for club captain Gordon Greer alongside Connor Goldson at centre-half.
On-loan Manchester United striker James Wilson could be in line for a start after climbing off the bench to score in the 1-1 draw with the Rams.
Veteran forward Bobby Zamora has been struggling with a hip injury while defender Uwe Hunemeier (groin) and midfielder Solly March (knee) are still out.

Stats

• Middlesbrough will make a return to the Premier League after a seven-season absence if they avoid defeat.
  • Brighton will play in the Premier League for the first time in their history if they win today. They last played in the top flight in 1982-83
  • Brighton could become the 48th different club to play in the Premier League.
  • The three sides who are promoted to the PL this season will each gain close to £200m in revenue.
  • Middlesbrough come into the game having drawn their last three Championship games. They last drew four successive Championship games in Mar 2012.
  • Middlesbrough are unbeaten in their last nine Championship games (W6 D3)
  • Brighton come into today's game unbeaten in last 13 Championship games (W9 D4)
  • A win will equal Brighton's record for successive away wins (5), previously set under Brian Horton in Division 3 between October and November 1998.

Managers Comments

Aitor Karanka, Middlesbrough: "I told them last season we played the (play-off) final at Wembley and this season we have the final at the Riverside with our crowd and a better squad, with more maturity.
"I should be really positive and I am really comfortable with this team. They have shown I can trust them and playing at home, with our crowd, we are in a really good position.
"If somebody had asked me and everyone when we started the season if we had this situation everyone would have accepted it."

Chris Hughton, Brighton:
"We will be going there with a winning mentality and we need to show enough quality. There's no doubt Middlesbrough will be the favourites and they'll be pleased with our result, but we've given ourselves every chance.
"We have been good away from home for the majority of the season and we haven't lost today. It is a big task but not one that is impossible.
"You don't have it all your own way over the course of the season... you have to take some blows and you get used to bouncing back."

Previous Fixture

Match Preview

The Time Has Come

Let's Make History

Brighton & Hove Albion 2015/2016 Montage

---

Good luck to everyone today, wherever you're watching it. Be it at the Riverside, Amex, local pub or behind the sofa.
We're all in this together.

This will be my final OMT, regardless of today's result.

Whoever picks it back up again, the very best of luck to you.

Regardless of the result today, this has been the best season watching the Albion in my time as a supporter (only since 1996).
I've not witnessed the Albion in the top flight, but I've been through the struggle, and understand how much today's game means to all supporters, players, staff and TB.

I shall raise my plastic cup at the Amex for every one of you at 11:30 this morning.

Enjoy it, these types of games don't come around that often.

COYS!!

:albion2:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I haven't read, I wanted to be first to reply, all looks in order. Were nut loose.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Strangely i am rather calm about this game this morning. I'm sure, at kick off, i will nervous wreck again.

Play a little game with yourself. See how many beers you can down in the next 3 hours and 50 mins. You'll be too pissed to be worried by then :wink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's bloody freezing up here....team all look chilled* in hotel lobby 5 mins ago (*in a good way!)

Yep overcast and cold, breakfast next.......

Time is gong slow

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Will be ignoring the game until 2:30.

Am extremely ill and the anxiety of watching us play in the most important game for many a year will most likely kill me.

Praying for the boys, come on Albion

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Games like these are really what football's all about.

Albion - your time is now.

We believe.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well , today's the day , what a ending to a good season for you lot . I feel you will do it today ( obviously I will be cheering boro ) I've had this feeling for a while now but I thought it would be through the play offs . May the best team win with the consultation of a second bite of the cherry to the losers , speak later :thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
onwards and upwards

lets just do this

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
It's 45 games down and 1 to go. Whatever happens today, we've had a great season and surpassed all expectations. The players have done fantastic and really embraced the 'together' campaign, along with the fans. Chris Hughton has been incredible and I couldn't be happier with him as manager.

That said, I really want to win today. The seagulls have never been in the top flight of football during my lifetime, and I really want to see it happen. I'm trying to embrace the excitement of today and enjoy every minute of it. But the nerves are taking over.

Just play well today. If we don't do it, at least go down swinging!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here