Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no drinking thread?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll start it then. Up at 5.30 so was going to go teetotal. That's not happened.. I have comfort eaten a bowl of meatballs and pasta the size of my head and am halfway down a bottle of Malbec. If I still can't sleep there's Sailor Jerry in the cupboard. Apologies in advance to anyone sitting in the toilet compartment of the 6.18 from Brighton as I'll likely have a chocolate hostage to release.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I wanted an early night tonight but my stomach is churning.Im hoping a few Stella's will sort me out.God knows how I'm going to get through tomorrow.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Have to leave to the airport at about 6 so only a few short ones for me tonight, followed by starting the second I arrive in the terminal.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just a Lindeman's char-don-nay tonight, but we have something a little nicer if required tomorrow.......

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Couple of pints at snooker, now on cups of tea, saving myself for big day out tomorrow and an early start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Alarm going off at 3.15, to get to The Amex for 4.15, but managed to have a glass of St Veran, and am now finishing up a bottle of Outerio, the top Portuguese red from Terras d'Alter. Better stop there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Alarm going off at 3.15, to get to The Amex for 4.15, but managed to have a glass of St Veran, and am now finishing up a bottle of Outerio, the top Portuguese red from Terras d'Alter. Better stop there.

You're a man of exceptional taste. I can only apologise for my generic Malbec and revel in the dual pleasures that are having a two hour lie in compared to you and the fact that like [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] something much better will be consumed tomorrow if necessary.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'll start it then. Up at 5.30 so was going to go teetotal. That's not happened.. I have comfort eaten a bowl of meatballs and pasta the size of my head and am halfway down a bottle of Malbec. If I still can't sleep there's Sailor Jerry in the cupboard. Apologies in advance to anyone sitting in the toilet compartment of the 6.18 from Brighton as I'll likely have a chocolate hostage to release.

Ahhh the ol' SJ....Perfect with a shed load of ice, dry ginger and a couple of wedges of fresh lime squeezed in. :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pint of Kismet at the Indigo Alley in Scarborough.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You're a man of exceptional taste. I can only apologise for my generic Malbec and revel in the dual pleasures that are having a two hour lie in compared to you and the fact that like [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] something much better will be consumed tomorrow if necessary.

Am going up on the coach, which I've just discovered is a dry experience. Will organise a special bottle of pop to worm its way into the fridge if things go in a different way to my expectations ...
... which is more to do with myself managing the outcome than doubting CH and the team on their BIG DAY.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Got a bottle of Estrella Damm Inedit, supposedly lager that's meant to be had with food but **** it, I'm going bareback (by which I mean, without food, obviously).

It's chilling in the freezer for consumption once i've given my lad a bath and got him to sleep. Guinness XX and some random 9% German ale may be joining the party if the mood strikes. Will report back.

tmp_10887-images(11)-1644199595.jpg

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
An evening tasting Portuguese wines. Unfortunately, Ian the Albion fan that usually runs it has gone down with a "lurgy". Sounds like pre-Boro nerves to me.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Strongbow, strongbow, strongbow and more strongbow.

Have a fresh bottle of Jura Whisky in the cupboard but won't be touching it tonight. I'm saving it for tomorrow. Either celebrate or commiserate. (not that 3rd should need commiserations mind).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here