Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SALDE effectively sacked (but kind of not) by Cardiff

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
That 1 win in 6 games probably secured his fate. For a club that wants to be challenging for promotion that really isn't good enough. Will be interesting to see who they bring in to take over though. If Mourinho takes over at ManUtd, then could see someone like Ryan Giggs going for it, with Slade acting as a kind of mentor / old head.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tweeted that his coat was on a shaky nail after hearing from a friend in April that he was on his way out and was decidedly unhappy at how it was done. Seems he has bitten the bullet for now at least but suspect that the role will have a pretty limited shelf life and he'll be back on a lower league touch line, baseball hat and all, before very long.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was brought in to steady the ship while reducing the playing budget after the disaster before him, he did a great job and now they move on

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He did well there: it's a tough division and he finished above several other clubs with parachute payments. Harsh call to sack him but the owner is a bit of a nutter. Reckon Salde will find another job before long - probably in the Championship too

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That 1 win in 6 games probably secured his fate. For a club that wants to be challenging for promotion that really isn't good enough. Will be interesting to see who they bring in to take over though. If Mourinho takes over at ManUtd, then could see someone like Ryan Giggs going for it, with Slade acting as a kind of mentor / old head.

Slade mentoring Giggs? Love it. WRT what? Coping with baldness? :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He did well there: it's a tough division and he finished above several other clubs with parachute payments. Harsh call to sack him but the owner is a bit of a nutter. Reckon Salde will find another job before long - probably in the Championship too
Completely agree. He was on a hiding to nothing at a club with ideas way above it's stature but he did a great job.

Top bloke SALDE and we will always be indebted to him for saving us from disaster.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can't find the actual highlights anywhere, but this was one of the best Albion away night's I've had, in the SALDE great escape season. Pasties and cider everywhere when Calvin Andrew netted the winner :bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHu7YSj7VoE

Line-up from that day was:

Kuipers, Hinshelwood, Virgo, Elphick, Borrowdale, Loft, Fraser, Dicker, Cox (Andrew 45), Hart (McLeod 85), Owusu (Davies 76).
Subs Not Used: Hawkins, El-Abd.

We've come a ****ing long way...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Giggs to Cardiff with Slade as DoF seems a good fit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't find the actual highlights anywhere, but this was one of the best Albion away night's I've had, in the SALDE great escape season. Pasties and cider everywhere when Calvin Andrew netted the winner :bowdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHu7YSj7VoE

Line-up from that day was:

Kuipers, Hinshelwood, Virgo, Elphick, Borrowdale, Loft, Fraser, Dicker, Cox (Andrew 45), Hart (McLeod 85), Owusu (Davies 76).
Subs Not Used: Hawkins, El-Abd.

We've come a ****ing long way...

I agree, the atmosphere was electric that night. We started to believe we could stay up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think the fact that they have found another place for him at the club suggests that he is well thought of there.

I wonder if Paul Trollope will step up there. I was sort of hoping he would join the coaching staff at Brighton.............Excellent Coach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here