Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tricky red at long distance but is a shot to nothing...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Knowing deep down that at the start of the season we would have happily taken a chance in the play offs DOES mean there is less pressure on our boys tomorrow...

We will do our best to win. We have a fighting chance. But if it doesn't go in then all is not lost - we still have the play offs to look forward to. This psychology should help us to be less anxious and MAKES US MORE LIKELY TO WIN.

In the past 10 years there have only been two 3rd placed teams with the same sort of profile as whoever finishes 3rd this year (i.e. very close to 2nd and well clear of 4th)....

Derby in 2006/7 WON the play offs.

West Ham in 2011/12 WON the play offs.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Knowing deep down that at the start of the season we would have happily taken a chance in the play offs DOES mean there is less pressure on our boys tomorrow...

We will do our best to win. We have a fighting chance. But if it doesn't go in then all is not lost - we still have the play offs to look forward to. This psychology should help us to be less anxious and MAKES US MORE LIKELY TO WIN.

In the past 10 years there have only been two 3rd placed teams with the same sort of profile as whoever finishes 3rd this year (i.e. very close to 2nd and well clear of 4th)....

Derby in 2006/7 WON the play offs.

West Ham in 2011/12 WON the play offs.

I don't think anyone would wish to emulate the Derby team who went on to be relegated with 11 points, West Ham did ok though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I don't think anyone would wish to emulate the Derby team who went on to be relegated with 11 points, West Ham did ok though.
Agreed we don't want Derby's last 10 years to be our next 10 ... even worse would be Ipswich, Forest or Sheffield United (other recent 3rd place finishers but not clear cut...).

My point was that whoever finishes 3rd this year will be legitimately favourite for the play offs. They are not a "complete lottery" and there should be no despair if things don't work out our way tomorrow.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here