Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T minus 23 hours

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We're into the final countdown to the big kick off. Just 23 hours to go. Two questions buzzed around my brain on the train journey home as I contemplated the up coming world changing enormo fixture.

1) On a scale of 1-10 how excited are you? (1 being not at all excited, you've given up all hope and see tomorrow as the beginning of the end...defeat is inevitable as is defeat in the play offs leading to a mass exodus of players and Hughton followed by relegation next season. 10 being so excited you might just spontaneously combust or at the very least explode some vital internal organ).

2) What are you going to do to help those 23 remaining hours pass without combusting or topping yourself?

Me, I'm currently hovering around the 8 on the excite-o-meter. My co-worker thought I'd be nervous as hell about the game so I tried telling him that winning tomorrow will be the icing on the cake. The cake, and what a scrumptiously delicious cake it is, has been the season up to this point. Watching a side that battled relegation last year turn into a resolute, determined skillful team that played great football and has flown high all season. Going into games excited about our chances rather than hoping we might nick something. Going into work after a game happy at the result of the night before. The general feeling of contentment supporting a side who don't know when they're beaten and hence very rarely lose. Watching a side I thought might struggle this year equal the post war unbeaten start to a season record for the division. A win tomorrow will just top all that off nicely but if we dont win and don't make it through the play offs I've still loved the season.

As for how I'm going to make the next 23 hours fly by....easy! I've just got home from work, I'm going to make dinner, watch some tv then go to bed. I'm working from 9:30 - 6:30 tomorrow, I'll get home about 7:30 an hour before kick off. Enough time to soak up the pre match build up before at 8:30 settling in for what will hopefully be our biggest result for 19 years.

COME ON THE ALLLBBBIIIIOOOONNNNN!!!!!!! :albion2:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As its my birthday tomorrow, Im planning a dress rehersal, and intend to get hammered. Should help me sleep.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As its my birthday tomorrow, Im planning a dress rehersal, and intend to get hammered. Should help me sleep.

Sleep is for pussies. Stay up all night :whistle:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
How can this be what I've wanted ALL SEASON yet when it arrives, I HATE IT?

Don't hate it, EMBRACE it! Should we not get the result we want there'll be plenty of misery and despondency in the days after. That'll be the time for a bit of negativity. Now it's all about SAVOURING the anticipation and hope. It's been 33 years since we were last in the top flight - a literal lifetime for many of us. Dare to dream that we'll see the Albion in the premier league. Then remember the worst case scenario is that we end up with our best league position in 33 years and possibly our highest ever points total in the second tier. These are good times!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Alcohol .. lots of alcohol.

linus-did-you-ever-have-the-feeling-of-impending-doom_original.jpg

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I'm at an 8 but it's not a static 8 meaning sometimes it's a good 8, sometimes it's a bad 8.

I am going to leave work early, pick up some fruity pastry things and gorge myself on those whilst drinking tea and playing football manager. I honestly don't think I will be capable of doing anything else this evening.

At least the game kicks off early in the morning here so, provided i can get to sleep and playing FM doesn't turn into a 16 hour session, the wait tomorrow shouldn't be too bad.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
THIS is football. Honestly, what's the point of following football if it isn't for the times like THIS? It just doesn't get any bigger. (Obviously Hereford - I mean last day head-to-head deciders)

I work in an office where I'm unfortunate enough to be the only Brighton fan, but fortunate enough that I've had very genuine best wishes from every football fan, whoever they support. It's been lovely - but hasn't helped me stay calm and the excitement levels have just been building throughout the week. I'm not sure I'll get even an hour's sleep tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here