Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official NSC Eurovision Song Contest 2016 Sweepstake

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yes, yes, I know we're all a bit pre-occupied at the moment, but next Saturday (14th May) will see the 61st Eurovision Song Contest taking place in Stockholm, with the two semi-finals being on Tuesday 10th May and Thursday 12th May. As per NSC tradition, I will be organising a sweepstake for this event, which will work as follows:

- There will be 42 competing countries, so the first 41 replies to this thread will get a spot.
- Once the spots are all full, I will complete a random draw to determine who gets which country. Other than the UK entry I haven't heard any of them, nor am I aware of the betting odds, so I have no idea what constitutes a 'good' draw or not.
- 18 countries compete in each of the Semi Finals, with the top 10 from each qualifying for the Final.
- Sweden (hosts) and the 'Big 5' of the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Germany and Italy are automatically in the Final and will not compete in either Semi Final, therefore meaning that the Final will consist of 26 countries.

:thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ooh yessss.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Not interestered never forgotten coming 4th in the 1986 UK compertition when i was the part of the brass section on my cornet for 'love behind a skip' by Honey and the bears, Didnt help that are drummer got a bit of stagefright and crappd himself during rehearsels, managed to clean it up a bit but didnt look good when we walked offstage in our creme suits

cant go into details as OB may be watching but a few of the lads got payback against the winner and superglued their drumsticks together, that will learn them

Regards

DR

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Other than the UK entry I haven't heard any of them, nor am I aware of the betting odds, so I have no idea what constitutes a 'good' draw or not.
Since when did hearing the songs affect who the favourites are? They always vote for the same people anyway.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not for me but having heard the UK entry I am confident that we will come nowhere near winning and will come last or close to last

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here