Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber BBC Interview

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Excellent honest interview. I am excited but so nervous I want to hide under the duvet. Didn't have any doubts about our ability until Monday's game but now I do. Would love the boys to do this, and they, everyone at the club and us as fans deserve to be promoted. Just unsure I can look........

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Excellent honest interview. I am excited but so nervous I want to hide under the duvet. Didn't have any doubts about our ability until Monday's game but now I do. Would love the boys to do this, and they, everyone at the club and us as fans deserve to be promoted. Just unsure I can look........
Blink and you'll miss it.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

im excited but strangely not even slightly nervous........ After last season, i never in my wildest dreams expected to be anywhere near where we are now, with COG and Best on loan, i just hoped for something mundane and mid table. This season has already way exceeded expectations, to be in the position of needing to win to go up and still having the fallback of the play-offs if you dont, as has been said, anybody wouldve taken that pre season after the nail biting, shit football and just surviving the last.

Of course we can win tomorrow, but ive already told myself, we're probably not going to as boro are formidable at home, and the pay offs is still beyond what anyone could hope for pre season, and even if we dont get through them as theyre a lottery, its still beyond what any fan imagined in August, i just hoped for comfortable survival and pushing top 10 and look where we are......Its been an incredible season, and now having mentally prepared myself that this is already way beyond expectations and i wouldve been happpy in August to get to the end of the season finishing top half, i feel relaxed that we still have 1 50/50 raffle ticket and another with a 1 in 4 of winning the star prize. Expectations are already smashed, and this incredible football club confounds me again. I just feel blessed to be a Brighton fan and am enjoying the ride. If they choose to go and blow my mind and actually do it, i dont know what i'll do, but if they don't then hats off anyway the progress is staggering.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Top interview from BARBER IN again. We all need to pay attention to his closing comments. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, or in the play-offs, then we pick ourselves up, and we go again.
On which, and this is a statement of the bleeding obvious, for those of us lucky enough to be there tomorrow, if it doesn't work out, let's do all we can to send a message to the players and do all we can to pick them up so they're primed to go again on a week today.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He is a top quality CEO. I hope he stays for the long-term.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Top interview from BARBER IN again. We all need to pay attention to his closing comments. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, or in the play-offs, then we pick ourselves up, and we go again.
On which, and this is a statement of the bleeding obvious, for those of us lucky enough to be there tomorrow, if it doesn't work out, let's do all we can to send a message to the players and do all we can to pick them up so they're primed to go again on a week today.

This is spot on. I'm not going to be there but I would LOVE to hear a massive chant of 'we are going up' at the end, even if Middlesbrough have just been promoted.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
There's pressure for those with a financial interest in/responsibility to the club.

The players haven't felt pressure all season. They're underdogs and lots of them have played at the top level anyway.

No fan will be running around going "wahey! We're £150 million richer" or whatever it is. It'd be nice to see Tony get some of his money back, but if we go up it'll only be as boshtamundo as any other promotion we've had. There was a time when getting out of Div 3 seemed impossible. It'd be amazing to see us at Arsenal, Man Yoo and all that, but Burton away on a Tuesday night will be just as fun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here