Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Europa Final Allocation

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Liverpool and Sevilla get 9,000 tickets each. Absolute disgrace. Why, out of all the stadia in Europe, choose one that only holds 35,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Liverpool and Sevilla get 9,000 tickets each. Absolute disgrace. Why, out of all the stadia in Europe, choose one that only holds 35,000.

Because it could easily have been CatShat Doonesk v Giant Causeway Celtic being the Europa no one really cares trophy, and 32k would never get close to selling out even if they give free tickets to the local army. These things get decided a year before.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
We had an allocation of 12k for Eindhoven in the same final and around 26k season ticket holders at the time. Is a joke, thankfully managed got a ticket. Thousands travelling and watching on a big screen in the square. There are enough big stadiums in Europe to host the competition. Thousands off corporate (think it was about a third of the allocation) tickets just get sold to highest bidder.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Because it could easily have been CatShat Doonesk v Giant Causeway Celtic being the Europa no one really cares trophy, and 32k would never get close to selling out even if they give free tickets to the local army. These things get decided a year before.

Bollocks, the finalists are never that shite - Sevilla have won it four times recently and their ground holds 42k (When it hosted the European Cup Final it was 70k).
Should be a minimum 50k for the final with 15k tkts for each side.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bollocks, the finalists are never that shite - Sevilla have won it four times recently and their ground holds 42k (When it hosted the European Cup Final it was 70k).

I'm unclear as to your opinion ;)

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Last years was at the National Stadium in Warsaw which has a capacity of 45,000 and which sold out. Good news is that they've followed logic and chose the Friends stadium in Stockholm. Despite that holding over 50k, chances are more will want tickets.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why only give the fans about 25% of the capacity of the stadium ?

F. Very poor answer

To assist you - Liverpool and Sevilla get 9,000 tickets each which makes 18,000 for fans of the competing teams

18,000 as a percentage of 35,000 (the capacity) is not 25%,

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
It only becomes an issue because an English club is there. I didn't hear any objection from anyone at the start of the competition.

personally not that interested in a non British team final

I still cheer on whatever British team that are in Europe (granted next season that could be put to the test)

pretty sure Liverpool-Seville will be alot more interesting than the Madrid derby,which will involve alot of rolling around and yellow card jestering no doubt

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

So you can minimise the number of Scousers leaving Liverpool? :shrug:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It only becomes an issue because an English club is there. I didn't hear any objection from anyone at the start of the competition.

Probably because everyone forgets that this competition is even taking place once all the English clubs are eliminated and as its rare for an English team to reach the final, the number of tickets give to fans isn't even something anyone thinks about

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
F. Very poor answer

To assist you - Liverpool and Sevilla get 9,000 tickets each which makes 18,000 for fans of the competing teams

18,000 as a percentage of 35,000 (the capacity) is not 25%,

I read the original post as meaning each team gets about 25% of the tickets, (ie, the fans of Liverpool gt 25%) and not that both teams get a combined total of 25% to split between them

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The issue for me is more to do with the amount of corporate tickets allocated for the game. Corporate shouldn't take more than 10% of the capacity, 47% of tickets going to ordinary supporters for this game is an absolute disgrace.

Perfect example of what is wrong with both Uefa and Fifa. We need to withdraw from both and start again as they do care or understand football in the slightest.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
With respect, don't we have more important things on our minds? ???

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

You can have relatively poor sales - the 2011 final had ~52000 available and sold ~45000. However, ~30000 is likely going to be always too small.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here