Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bizarre headline of the day, or possibly decade?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
attachment.php

Tony's going to have to find a new CEO probably.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Big. If you measure by length (approx 1 metre) and wingspan (over 2 metres), they're the third largest eagle in the world on both those measurements. They're lightweights though despite the size, not in the top 5 on weight. Had the pleasure one afternoon of tail-gating one in a car. It had lifted off from eating some roadkill at the side of the road and flew along just above the bonnet for a good distance before veering off. Wingspan was wider than the car, amazing sight.

(The Wedge-tailed Eagle is where my username here comes from actually - the latin name for the species is Aquila audax.)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Big. If you measure by length (approx 1 metre) and wingspan (over 2 metres), they're the third largest eagle in the world on both those measurements. They're lightweights though despite the size, not in the top 5 on weight. Had the pleasure one afternoon of tail-gating one in a car. It had lifted off from eating some roadkill at the side of the road and flew along just above the bonnet for a good distance before veering off. Wingspan was wider than the car, amazing sight.

(The Wedge-tailed Eagle is where my username here comes from actually - the latin name for the species is Aquila audax.)

And I just thought you enjoyed long distance cycling.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
five-o boo hoo as eagle flew roo in bush to-do!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Looking at the evidence, mother killed by a truck, big bird nearly pecks it to death.....the second whilst in police protective custody.....it's days are numbered

From experience looking out at Splash Point, when the peregrine falcons fly around Seaford Head the seagulls run for cover!

If Peregrine Falcons are hard enough to scare seagulls I think I would be racing them to that cover!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I think the best headline I have ever seen was a few years ago in the Church Times. There had just been a report published about sexuality and about homosexuality in particular. Most people seemed to agree that it fudged the issue. The headline was:

"Church Sexuality Report - A Finger in the Dyke."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here