Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

York Friday Night

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Spoilt for choice inside the old city wall. The pub at York station pub is very good as well.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Spoilt for choice inside the old city wall. The pub at York station pub is very good as well.

Considering how many good pubs there are in york, the station pub is a very poor choice.

Kings Arms on the river is very nice, extremely cheap and you can't beat a nice sunny evening on the river for pub views (if it's sunny).

Centre of town you really are spoilt for choice I could probably name 20 pubs that are worth going to.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Ackhorne
The Maltings
Kings Arms
The Lowther
The Red Lion
The Three Tuns

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Considering how many good pubs there are in york, the station pub is a very poor choice.

Kings Arms on the river is very nice, extremely cheap and you can't beat a nice sunny evening on the river for pub views (if it's sunny).

Centre of town you really are spoilt for choice I could probably name 20 pubs that are worth going to.

I agree, but it's a good option when you've got 30-40 mins for a quick pint between your connection to/from Middlesbrough and the mainline to London.

T_T_Teessider

Apr 30, 2016
York
Any recommended pubs in York for a Friday night :)

You will be spoilt for choice in York, where are you stopping?

Someone mentioned the Red Lion...this pub is closed due to the flooding at Christmas

If you like real ale and a real pub:
Guy Fawkes
Pivni
Ye old star in
House of trembling madness
The hop
The bluebell
Fossgate social
Lamb and lion

If you want trendy bars
Kennedys
bobo loco
Biltmore

If you want a decent sports bar
The graduate

Plenty of other boozers as well in York, I think its the most populated area per square meter with pubs in the country.

Any other info just ask

Up the boro!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Last edited:

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
You will be spoilt for choice in York, where are you stopping?

Someone mentioned the Red Lion...this pub is closed due to the flooding at Christmas

If you like real ale and a real pub:
Guy Fawkes
Pivni
Ye old star in
House of trembling madness
The hop
The bluebell
Fossgate social
Lamb and lion

If you want trendy bars
Kennedys
bobo loco
Biltmore

If you want a decent sports bar
The graduate

Plenty of other boozers as well in York, I think its the most populated area per square meter with pubs in the country.

Any other info just ask

Up the boro!

Red Lion has reopened after a 3 month closure.
The Maltings is only a few minutes from the station and should be your 1st port of call.

T_T_Teessider

Apr 30, 2016
York
Red Lion has reopened after a 3 month closure.
The Maltings is only a few minutes from the station and should be your 1st port of call.

Didn't know the lion had re opened, might have to pop in for one tonight on the way home!

Maltings is a good boozer, also plenty of good curry houses in York if you fancy ending the night with an indian

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Eagle and Child ,Three Legged Mare,The Golden Fleece,Hole in The Wall, Lamb and Lion,Plonkers,The York Arms[Sam Smiths] to add to the fine Pubs mentioned . Also The Stone Roses Bar for some choones late on.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Akbars is the best curry house in York if you end up venturing to one

I second this, it's a fine curry house. I used to work in the pub just up the road (it was called the First Hussar back then), and would often venture to Akbars.

Last Drop inn.

Yes! How could I have forgotten that one.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I second this, it's a fine curry house. I used to work in the pub just up the road (it was called the First Hussar back then), and would often venture to Akbars.

Yes! How could I have forgotten that one.

Easy to Forget in York . Shame we have to play York Next Season:drink::drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here