Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Trophy

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If, and I admit it's a massive if, we win and Burnley lose, what would happen about the presentation of the Championship Trophy? I can't see it being presented to us in a home fans rammed Riverside stadium? Would it?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No one has thought of that yet because the rest of the world gives us no chance.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd guess the trophy will be at The Valley - if not in a helicopter equidistant between the two grounds.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Joey Barton said the other day that nobody remembers who came second.

I'll bloody remember it if we come second, Joey, and I wouldn't give a damn if nobody outside Sussex noticed.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'd guess the trophy will be at The Valley - if not in a helicopter equidistant between the two grounds.

Correct.

It's being held in a top secret location in Lincolnshire.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm guessing that like the premier league cup, they have more than one of each and will have one at each ground.

Also, should we win, I can't see the riverside staying very 'rammed', can you?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sorry, I am a Brighton fan. There is no fecking way on earth that this is going to happen, get a grip all of you. :smile:

Let's think this through. You get a trophy for winning the Championship. You get a trophy for winning the Playoffs. But you get no trophy for coming second, even though this is better than coming third, like the trophy-winning Playoff winners.

Where's the logic or fairness in that?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

I thought I read that it wouldn't be presented at The Valley due to home fan 'issues'.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Let's think this through. You get a trophy for winning the Championship. You get a trophy for winning the Playoffs. But you get no trophy for coming second, even though this is better than coming third, like the trophy-winning Playoff winners.

Agree. There should be a silver, bronze and tin cups for the promoted sides.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Scumhampton got one for finishing second when we won L1 - I remember as there was a caption with it saying they were champs!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Think you'll find the trophy will be at The Riverside. F.A are worried about the Charlton protests interfering with awarding the trophy so Burnley have been told they won't receive the trophy on Saturday, even if they win the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here