Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice needed re Saturday lunchtime

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not a lot of Brighton fans round my neck of the woods so I'm in a bit of a dilemma ...

should I ....

a) Watch the stream at home, quietly with a halftime cup of tea - up or down I can celebrate / commiserate in the privacy of my own home.

b) Pull on my stripes and strut into a pub in town and watch the game amongst a bunch of neutral strangers - the risk of public humiliation against sheer ecstasy.

Head says a) [the game will be a 0-0 bore-draw] heart says b) [we'll nick a 0-1 or lose 1-0 looking for a winner late on].

I'm er-ing towards a) - any advice welcome ....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have always hated watching games in pubs, even in Sussex, unless full of other proper Albion fans.

Watched the Derby play off away leg in Eastbourne Borough club thinking it would be a good place and it was rubbish. A couple of Derby fans, a gobby Palace fan, loads of people talking and not even really watching the game...

The Eagle in Eastbourne was good for the Forest game and should be again on Saturday but I'm heading for The Amex.

I'd rather watch at home than in a random pub.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not a lot of Brighton fans round my neck of the woods so I'm in a bit of a dilemma ...

should I ....

a) Watch the stream at home, quietly with a halftime cup of tea - up or down I can celebrate / commiserate in the privacy of my own home.

b) Pull on my stripes and strut into a pub in town and watch the game amongst a bunch of neutral strangers - the risk of public humiliation against sheer ecstasy.

Head says a) [the game will be a 0-0 bore-draw] heart says b) [we'll nick a 0-1 or lose 1-0 looking for a winner late on].

I'm er-ing towards a) - any advice welcome ....
If your local pubs have BT Sport they will probably be showing Norwich v Man Utd !

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
D. Go to the Swan. Leave and try to sneak into the north stand at half time.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Support your local pub, they need your business and who cares if you jump around a bit to celebrate our win?

But then on the other hand if you stay at home you can veg out in comfort on your sofa, volume up to eleven, with only your underwear to preserve your modesty.

With such mega-important decisions like these, I often find the best solution is to toss a coin. If you end up disappointed at the outcome, then was it really such a hard decision to make in the first place?

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Go for B.

More importantly, I have just checked the King & Queen website and it states that they are showing the Norwich v Man United game at 12.45

i have just emailed them to make sure that this isnt the case and that they will be showing the Brighton game on all their screens.

Im yet to have a reply but will be exremely annoyed if that is the case

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I hadn't considered that anywhere would be showing anything other than the Championship race for autos ...

Poxy premier league rubbish ..... OH!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
b) This is our destiny, we have endured of late. We had the "Goldstone demise" and all the lies and treachery that went with it. I, like many, didn't endure the trips to Gillingham and those that did deserve a medal. Then we all sat it the drizzle and had the highs and lows of Withdean. In the background we fought long and hard for a new ground, there were a few false dawns along the way and then the Amex rose from the ground to mark a very new era for us long suffering Brighton fans.

We've had some great moments at The Amex and a few bad bits that have concluded too many seasons ... and now we go to Boro. All of this agony and heartache has been for this moment, we are Premier League ready and the Premier League door is ajar, Saturday is the moment we take one almighty step forward and through that door and into the Premier League. Do not miss a moment of this and enjoy the victory, weep openly and bask in the glory that we will have acheived.

or a), it's up to you?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Go for B.

More importantly, I have just checked the King & Queen website and it states that they are showing the Norwich v Man United game at 12.45

i have just emailed them to make sure that this isnt the case and that they will be showing the Brighton game on all their screens.

Im yet to have a reply but will be exremely annoyed if that is the case

Any news back from the king & queen yet ??? Also any idea if they would let me take my son ? Thanks

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
in the same boat here, but the time difference makes it more challenging.

Do I
a) Go to the pub at 6.30am and start drinking to calm the nerves, but ultimately end up ruined by the end of the game (win or lose), or
b) Watch it at home trying to not wake the house up with my screening, crying, cheering?

answers on a postcard...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm in Ibiza, so no choice but to watch it down the pub. The Debby game I went down the pub with shirt on . And lie and behold, a couple from seven dials area walked in to . Watch it, so you never know, you may not be alone.

This thread has me worried, they better not have utd v Norwich on! I will need to stroll down and find out later!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I need to pop into town on Saturday morning to sort out some new glasses.
When I am done I will go to a city centre pub, on my own, no colours and watch the match. I have had many options offered to me including watching it with a load of Argyle fans before their home game who will all be shouting for Brighton.
If we lose I can just skulk away and go home.
If we win I have tickets for the Argyle match and I will shoot up there and have a great time well into the night.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Any news back from the king & queen yet ??? Also any idea if they would let me take my son ? Thanks

Ended up calling them and yes they are showing it and open at 10. No idea about children though

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm in Ibiza, so no choice but to watch it down the pub. The Debby game I went down the pub with shirt on . And lie and behold, a couple from seven dials area walked in to . Watch it, so you never know, you may not be alone.

This thread has me worried, they better not have utd v Norwich on! I will need to stroll down and find out later!

Ok, just been to the pub, the game will be on but there will be 14 girls and I mean girls, not one over 18 by my reckoning, on a hen do from Middlesbrough! I know shocking, hen do and nobody over 18, god knows how old the bride is!

Anyway, I am going to be completely outnumbered on Saturday! I am not sure if it is a good idea to drag the wife and daughter down with me for back up!

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Ended up calling them and yes they are showing it and open at 10. No idea about children though

Thanks [MENTION=11952]porkdog[/MENTION] im sending down the advance party and if they say they'll let him in thats where i'll go if not i'll watch it in the standard or the bell with him . Should we win wonder if people will be dancing in the fountains like they did in '79 ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here