London Assembly
Mayors in Bristol, Salford and Liverpool
Two Westminster by-elections

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I only have the option of voting for my Police Crime Commissioner and I won't be voting as the vote is an utter sham. Hopefully the turn out for this particular vote will be in single percentage figures.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I genuinely had no idea there were elections today until I woke up, picked up my phone and opened the BBC news app.

This is probably a symptom of the football craziness right now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Too busy celebrating Europe Day.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I genuinely had no idea there were elections today until I woke up, picked up my phone and opened the BBC news app.

Shouldn't you be using the Sky News app? It's clearly unfair on commercial providers that the BBC uses the way it's funded to produce mobile news applications for phones and tablets.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I only have the option of voting for my Police Crime Commissioner and I won't be voting as the vote is an utter sham. Hopefully the turn out for this particular vote will be in single percentage figures.

Same. Shocking waste of taxpayers money. Almost guaranteed to be single figure turnout. Should never again be run as a standalone election, only as a minor sideshow nobody really cares about on local election day. Super Thursday my arse. Superfluous Thursday more like.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Popped down to our polling station. I was the only voter present and the staff said it had been desperately quiet.
To get there I had to drive past two other polling stations, one only a mile from home. However when, a few years ago, they closed our local polling station just 600 yards away, they relocated to a site some 3 miles distant on the very edge of the ward. With no bus services available anyone without a car is effectively disenfranchised. It has however turned a safe Labour ward into a Tory seat on the council on a turnover last time out of less than 15%. I suspect today will be even lower.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Same here, I'm making a conscious decision not to vote (which, to the casual observer, could be construed as not being arsed).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here