Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We stand or fall at the Riverside

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Our destiny awaits, to stand or fall. If we fall, we fall together, giving all and saving nothing, because on this day we will know our fate. Sweet victory or the vain hope and prolonged agony of defeat. So please tell them, tell them all, we stand or fall at the Riverside.

Attachments

• standorfall.jpg
    standorfall.jpg
    934.1 KB · Views: 1,555

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm going to der der der der der der der der der der der derrrr

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Stand or fall at Middlesborough

In the past in an old part of Middlesborough !!!
Sis , me and Steve Diplock in fancy dress , love the old boy in the cap giving Boro the finger !
The police did not want me in the ground with my scythe blade until realising it was plastic when hitting one on the hand with it.

Attachments

• 0542_BRIGHTON__HOVE_ALBION.jpeg
    0542_BRIGHTON__HOVE_ALBION.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,269
Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We need to stop this talk of 'failure'.

Failing to win on Saturday does NOT represent a horrendous scenario.

A big fat THIS.

1. If we don't win on Saturday, we've got the Play-offs to fall back on. Granted we've not had much luck recently on that score, but I'm more confident based on the quality, team spirit and overall calmness of the current squad.

2. Regardless of what happens on Saturday and in the Play-offs (if required), it's been a really, really good season. The whole atmosphere around the club has been exceptional, and I think the collective mojo of the fans and staff is well and truly back.

3. If we'd been offered Saturday's scenario at the start of the season, we'd have bitten the hand off.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
In the past in an old part of Middlesborough !!!
Sis , me and Steve Diplock in fancy dress , love the old boy in the cap giving Boro the finger !
The police did not want me in the ground with my scythe blade until realising it was plastic when hitting one on the hand with it.

What year was that Rocker? I went to Ayresome Park but can't remember the year, was the last game of the season, we had to win and other results go our way and we lost 3-1.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
What year was that Rocker? I went to Ayresome Park but can't remember the year, was the last game of the season, we had to win and other results go our way and we lost 3-1.
My late brother is in that photo, in fact it was probably his last away game he ever went to.
Another omen why we're gonna do it, we going to get promoted !

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Of course there is always the playoffs and of course there is always next season but to win promotion we need to win a match (or penalty shoot out) so this Saturday is as good as any. Coming third historically is not good and often the team that just misses out then also fails to get promoted via the play offs. Obviously not going up is not a failure, this season has been an amazing success already but to win promotion I think we need to take our chance on Saturday because we may not get another one for some time, hence we stand or fall at the Riverside. Just my opinion.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
The reality of the third placed team then missing out in the play offs is why I called it a "vain hope and prolonged agony" because unless we seriously buck the play off trend of recent seasons then failure to win on Saturday will probably result in us not getting promoted this season. That's why this game is so important, failure to win will probably mean we don't make it, although we'll still think we might, which just makes it worse when we lose in the semi or indeed the final. Whatever happens I am immensely proud of the Albion as I am sure we all are, because whatever happens this season has been amazing. GOSBTS!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Of course there is always the playoffs and of course there is always next season but to win promotion we need to win a match (or penalty shoot out) so this Saturday is as good as any. Coming third historically is not good and often the team that just misses out then also fails to get promoted via the play offs. Obviously not going up is not a failure, this season has been an amazing success already but to win promotion I think we need to take our chance on Saturday because we may not get another one for some time, hence we stand or fall at the Riverside. Just my opinion.

Coming 3rd is statically the side that gets promoted the most. Only at about 42% but still more than the other positions

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

1991 coolio lost 2-0 I believe may be wrong on score ?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
My late brother is in that photo, in fact it was probably his last away game he ever went to.
Another omen why we're gonna do it, we going to get promoted !

I am sure it is an omen and will be in memory of your brother . So glad he was in this pic for you.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Since play offs began 88/89, the team coming third has gone up 9 times out of 27 which is 33%. Of course we could lose and go up but the sentiment is that we need to seize the day and win when get the chance. Personally I think we will be promoted Saturday or not this season, if we do lose and win the play off final please bounce this post all day long! GOSBTS! :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
1991 coolio lost 2-0 I believe may be wrong on score ?

Yes it was i was there and if it were not for a wonder save by Perry Digweed we would have lost by more......not many of us up there

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We are less than 50-50 to go up this season. I am bracing myself for the disappointment but confident that we will storm away with the Championship next season if we miss out this time around. We will clinch the title with at least 4 games to go.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We are less than 50-50 to go up this season. I am bracing myself for the disappointment but confident that we will storm away with the Championship next season if we miss out this time around. We will clinch the title with at least 4 games to go.
Next season won't be the easy coast some seem to suggest if we lose Dunk, Stephens, Kayal, Knockaert and Goldson along with Zamora and Wilson.

Total rebuild.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here