Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Head to Head, a Boro view.

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Just had a look on that forum and it looks like the Albion may as well not bother turning up on Saturday.

According to their fans we are going to get 'battered', they're going to get their first '4-0 win', 'win with ease', 'even Wednesday are going to easily beat Brighton in the play-offs', 'the 35 year old non match fit Greer playing means that Rhodes is going to get his first hat-trick' etc. etc.

Hmmm, perhaps someone should pin these comments up on our players dressing room wall.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's a fair write up:

"I was hiding upstairs on Monday as far from a tv as possible, trying my hardest to not think of events playing out down at the AMEX Stadium.

Brighton are a good side, that is a fact. They have a very astute manager in Chris Hughton who almost rethought their approach following the Boro defeat. He bought very wisely in January and after weathering their blip they started to really attack teams and bounce back to the top again. There will be nothing easy at all about today's battle royal. That is why none of us have been able to sleep all week or concentrate on anything other than the date with destiny looming ever larger on the Boro calendar."

I don't know about everyone else but I've been sleeping very well this week?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On a past record head to head results, I'd much sooner be playing Sunderland or Newcastle, and what is most likely we will be playing one or the other next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's a fair write up:

"I was hiding upstairs on Monday as far from a tv as possible, trying my hardest to not think of events playing out down at the AMEX Stadium.

Brighton are a good side, that is a fact. They have a very astute manager in Chris Hughton who almost rethought their approach following the Boro defeat. He bought very wisely in January and after weathering their blip they started to really attack teams and bounce back to the top again. There will be nothing easy at all about today's battle royal. That is why none of us have been able to sleep all week or concentrate on anything other than the date with destiny looming ever larger on the Boro calendar."

I don't know about everyone else but I've been sleeping very well this week?

It's reasonably fair but not a true reflection of the first game. What none of the Middlesbrough fans seem to be able to grasp is the fact that we had half our team out injured. Their fans will be surprised with how different this team. Sadly, I think their players will be more prepared than that!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's reasonably fair but not a true reflection of the first game. What none of the Middlesbrough fans seem to be able to grasp is the fact that we had half our team out injured. Their fans will be surprised with how different this team. Sadly, I think their players will be more prepared than that!

Injuries at the time are minor details for any opposition. I don't take it personally :) Out of the two sets of fans I reckon they will be the most nervous, and Karanka is leaving anyway. I would love to be a fly on the wall at both training camps.

Real Boro Fan

May 2, 2016
We have deluded people up here, just like everywhere else. The sensible fans know that it's who can handle the pressure on the day that matters. Whatever the outcome on Saturday, both teams deserve to go up. The table demonstrates this.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
We have deluded people up here, just like everywhere else. The sensible fans know that it's who can handle the pressure on the day that matters. Whatever the outcome on Saturday, both teams deserve to go up. The table demonstrates this.
This is generally agreed down here. I think it's wrong to presume that Boro will simply rollover. You were the first team to beat us this season and we're both playing to win, I doubt Boro would settle for a draw unless we're the ones pulling ahead. Nonetheless the feeling is electric for us. The entire fanbase is revved up and raring to support our team 100%, but I think the feeling towards Boro is respect, at least it won't be an absolute disaster like poogate

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep, all it takes is one moment of quality, one small mistake or a contentious ref decision. Evenly matched sides with us obliged to reverse the result from the Amex. You couldn’t write the script any better.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
They probably won't be aware Greer had lewondoski in his pocket not that long ago so Rhodes shouldn't pose any bigger threat than rob the pole. Rhodes ain't quick and needs 3 or 4 chances before he scores just like our old friend Ashley Barnes. Greer won't give him 3 or 4 chances that's for sure!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

I think most of us have the utmost respect for Boro. Cannot say the same about cloggers Burnley to be honest but they did it in their own way so fair play to them. Shame it would have been one hell of a party with us both going up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here