Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains after Boro

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Now I have seen an awful lot of people saying *IF* we win we will need to "get out of Dodge" as fast as possible.

Can anyone assure me that we will not have 1500 Albion fans trying to get on one of these:

P4222764.jpg

Because every time I have been to Middlesbrough this is all there is, twice an hour, at 21 minutes and 55 minutes past the hour. Plus one Transpennine Express that is also two carriages, at 28 minutes past the hour.

Get the **** out of Dodge? Or more likely stand around for a long time waiting for a train...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The Transpenine express goes all the way to Manchester Airport, so I'm fairly sure that it's a decent size 6 carriage job.

I have faith that the local police will do their best to make sure that we're on our way as soon as possible after the game.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The Transpenine express goes all the way to Manchester Airport, so I'm fairly sure that it's a decent size 6 carriage job.

I have faith that the local police will do their best to make sure that we're on our way as soon as possible after the game.

Unlikely, it is normally one of these bad boys.

new-170.PNG

They may join two together to make it a four carriage train if we are really lucky.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
trans pen is always a 3 carriage set.
Old pacers are normally 2 carriages as we have to put up with every match.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My wife was chuffed that we had "booked seats", I haven't yet broached the reality of that statement with her.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
No, i don't think they ever have.
Boro fans have been moaning at Northern rail for years about how many have to cram into the first trains after a game, they openly admitted they dont have spare units and if they had to put extra on then someone else would have train cancelled.
I would imagine the first transpen to York will be packed though it will be 3 carriages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here