Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shame it couldn't be both of us

ayresome angel

May 3, 2016
Would have been great for us both to be going up Saturday, always enjoyed my trips to Brighton and found your fans a good bunch. Hope you have a safe journey and enjoy all bar the match, not the greatest night out Boro but we have some decent micro bars in the centre where the locals are friendly should that be your thing. Also your very own atilla the stockbroker plays Middlesbrough Friday night if your doing the weekend. Remember Teesside is a industrial area so not the nicest on the eye but we have some beautiful areas near by but don't tell anyone we don't want it crowded.anyway all's fair in love and war but will genuinely be rooting for you in the play offs.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thanks, dreading the whole 2 days, but hopeful we can continue to 'over-achieve' [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Would have been great for us both to be going up Saturday, always enjoyed my trips to Brighton and found your fans a good bunch. Hope you have a safe journey and enjoy all bar the match, not the greatest night out Boro but we have some decent micro bars in the centre where the locals are friendly should that be your thing. Also your very own atilla the stockbroker plays Middlesbrough Friday night if your doing the weekend. Remember Teesside is a industrial area so not the nicest on the eye but we have some beautiful areas near by but don't tell anyone we don't want it crowded.anyway all's fair in love and war but will genuinely be rooting for you in the play offs.

I was about to reply with a "It still could be, if you win the play-off final" response, but I see you've nicked that line already :lol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Thank you, we're all looking forward to the match, the result and journey home. If ever there was a season for all three clubs to get promoted this would be it, the three teams are light years ahead of the competition. Truly believe you've got enough in the tank to see you through these last four matches and back into the Premier League.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

It is indeed a shame. Looking forward to our trip up tomorrow staying at Boro fan owned B&B fri & sat I hope we are all still on speaking terms by the time sunday breakfast comes around.

A traumatic day in prospect for one of us that's for for sure. Let's hope we can follow Kipling's advice and as we approach triumph and disaster (well the playoffs) I hope we can treat those two imposters just the same.

T_T_Teessider

Apr 30, 2016
York
I like Chrissy Hughton, any other season id be shouting for Brighton to be promoted.
Its nice to see clubs with no premiership history get up there and have a chance.

Im massively confident of a Boro result on Saturday though, I cant see any other outcome.

If only you had turned all them early draws into wins and you lot would have won the league.

All the best and enjoy the day :drink:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I like Chrissy Hughton, any other season id be shouting for Brighton to be promoted.
Its nice to see clubs with no premiership history get up there and have a chance.

Im massively confident of a Boro result on Saturday though, I cant see any other outcome.

If only you had turned all them early draws into wins and you lot would have won the league.

We like the fact that you're all massively confident. A lot.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

Cheers, will be there with my two 8 year old boys.......only two away defeats all season and a defeat to Boro with practically our second string side at The Amex due to injuries, I'm pretty confident ;-)

ayresome angel

May 3, 2016
I think we are trying to convince ourselves to settle the nerves, we are generally a pessimistic bunch our moto being "typical Boro". For a flavour of Teesside pessimism try Harry pearsons website the first thirty years are the worst.

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm very comfortable with Boro being the favourites for Saturday. I think the big error is all of the extras that they're doing (i.e. putting a flag on every seat etc). As we saw with the infamous Play-off clapper incident, turning a game into more of an 'occasion' can rub off negatively on the players and fans. If I was Boro, I'd be keeping the game as much of a normal home game as possible.

Linthorpe_Red

May 3, 2016
Such a shame Legohead has ruined what could have been a great party.

If Brighton come to us and win then you will absolutely deserve 2nd spot. You'll be made very welcome - barring a few knob heads that you would find anywhere.

Enjoy the day and I honestly hope both sides are promoted.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm very comfortable with Boro being the favourites for Saturday. I think the big error is all of the extras that they're doing (i.e. putting a flag on every seat etc). As we saw with the infamous Play-off clapper incident, turning a game into more of an 'occasion' can rub off negatively on the players and fans. If I was Boro, I'd be keeping the game as much of a normal home game as possible.

The Clappers had precisely zero to do with us losing that game. It might make us all feel better to imagine it was to do with that, but the simple truth is Barnes had a chance that was saved brilliantly. Then Zaha caught Bridge napping. Palace were the better side that day and deserved their victory. Some folded up bits of card had nothing to do with it.

That said I do hate Clackers and am hopeful we will never see them at the Amex again.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hoping regardless of what happens that the three sides that have led the way will win promotion. Whoever doesn't make it is going to have a hell of a job to get the mojo back for the play-offs though and Derby looked worryingly good on Monday.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Always said every town has its merits. I like Teesside and its rich industrial heritage. Didn't get much of chance to look around last year but did a slightly sideways report on the day.

https://brightonlines.com/2015/05/03/last-rites-and-fond-farewells/

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The Clappers had precisely zero to do with us losing that game. It might make us all feel better to imagine it was to do with that, but the simple truth is Barnes had a chance that was saved brilliantly. Then Zaha caught Bridge napping. Palace were the better side that day and deserved their victory. Some folded up bits of card had nothing to do with it.

That said I do hate Clackers and am hopeful we will never see them at the Amex again.

My point was just around changing the atmosphere and creating a buzz, when actually the best thing to do would be to treat things as business as usual. The rest of your post, I totally agree with of course.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think we are trying to convince ourselves to settle the nerves, we are generally a pessimistic bunch our moto being "typical Boro". For a flavour of Teesside pessimism try Harry pearsons website the first thirty years are the worst.

His book The Far Corner is one of the funniest things I have ever read. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't come across it yet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

There's no shame in Middlesbrough being a grimy industrial town with shìt weather. This proud country wasn't built on people selling t-shirts on the beach in 40 degrees sunshine. Give me our economy over Brazil's or Mexico's any day.

And for that reason, I have respect for Middlesbrough and wish you the very best of luck in your play-off quest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here