Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ring of fire

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
That tune, when you can see people waving their scarves round the stadium is quite inspiring just before the game.

The 'put your hands up for Brighton' is quite cringe worthy though:facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That tune, when you can see people waving their scarves round the stadium is quite inspiring just before the game.

The 'put your hands up for Brighton' is quite cringe worthy though:facepalm:

I think exactly the opposite, I like Put Your Hands Up For Brighton but really dislike Ring of Fire, especially the way it drowns the natural atmosphere by being played right up to the ref whistling for kick off. I prefer to hear the fans getting excited without assistance :shrug:

Leave Ring Of Fire for the fans to sing during the game

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Having the words up on the screen for GOSBTS I find really tin pot and cringeworthy but I accept others wanted it so am going with the flow.

I think all of these things from the clubs point of view is 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' but they are trying hard to build an atmosphere which is commendable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me RoF worthiness is linked to the amount of swirlers involved.
Most of the season it's looked and sounded relatively tin-pot.

But the last couple of games it's been edging nearer to adequate.

If 80-90% of the stadium got involved I think it might be closing in on impressive.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Put your hands up is easily better than the other shite.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What I don't understand is why after the end of the chorus of GOSBTS and when the ref blows the whistle for KO that everyone stops singing/chanting. A good old "all together now" followed by another GOSBTS would be great, as would carrying on ROF for a while as the play starts.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Do many people when the chant ' put your hands up for Brighton' actually do that? Not from what I can see. The hey Jude and everything else is cool though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Do many people when the chant ' put your hands up for Brighton' actually do that? Not from what I can see. The hey Jude and everything else is cool though.

No but it's a unique song to us. Waving a scarf over my head is a bit naff/gay You must be a young un.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
No but it's a unique song to us. Waving a scarf over my head is a bit naff/gay You must be a young un.
I am not that young, but taking your advice, I will stand stoically in silence before future games.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I am not that young, but taking your advice, I will stand stoically in silence before future games.
What advice have i given you about being quiet? i don't do scarf waving. Does this mean i don't sing then?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Sky timing seems to have been a bit off on Monday, just watched some of the game and ROF was on TV pre-match (usually going on when Sky break for ads). It looked and sounded bloody brilliant.

Not telling you how this was sent or from what device [emoji867]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For me RoF worthiness is linked to the amount of swirlers involved.
Most of the season it's looked and sounded relatively tin-pot.

But the last couple of games it's been edging nearer to adequate.

If 80-90% of the stadium got involved I think it might be closing in on impressive.

I can assure you that 3 swift pre-match pints made it look bloody brilliant on Monday! :albion2:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
What I don't understand is why after the end of the chorus of GOSBTS and when the ref blows the whistle for KO that everyone stops singing/chanting. A good old "all together now" followed by another GOSBTS would be great, as would carrying on ROF for a while as the play starts.

Unfortunately, GOSBTS has been sung too fast for too long now. I've tried singing it slowly on trains back from the Amex, after the "all together now" our fans seem completely incapable to stick to the same beat and always speed it up.

Last time I carried on at normal pace and everyone else had finished the whole chorus by the I'd finished "hearts be gay".

Without the help of music I'm afraid it will never be sung at the correct tempo. Home or away.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
ROF for me.It just seems to me a bit of a squeeze fitting it in between the Albion team being announced & the start of the match.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here