Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Saturday

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
as promised last week here is link to the easy access pubs in centre

Avoid pubs around the station as they tend to get the old hoolies in, plus they are crap.
Baracudda lets away fans in. There is a small bar opposite called The Lobby if its open, thats ok as well.
The Pig Iron and Central will be rammed by 9am with Boro and probably have police control on.
Dr Browns has been an away pub for a couple of seasons but recently taken over and getting a lot of Boro fans back in there. Not very big.
Wetherspoons type pubs, Issacs,Resolution and Swatters car will be busy as all opening from 8.
Yates the same.
Pubs up on Southfield road will be busy before and after the game regardless of the score.
Couple of Micro Brewery pubs on Baker street will be busy as only small.

Anyone not bothered about being in a workingmens club could try the Ironopolis in Bright St. just round corner from Doc Browns. Old fashioned club with big bar, small snug and a large concert room. Kids allowed in but gets packed. Do let away fans in if in small numbers. I have been going there since the club moved to the Riverside and not seen any bother despite being rammed.

Have a good safe day regardless of the score.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=pubs in...,0.03690747905463709&fz=15&qop=1&rlfi=hd:;si:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Avoid pubs around the station as they tend to get the old hoolies in, plus they are crap.
Baracudda lets away fans in. There is a small bar opposite called The Lobby if its open, thats ok as well.
The Pig Iron and Central will be rammed by 9am with Boro and probably have police control on.
Dr Browns has been an away pub for a couple of seasons but recently taken over and getting a lot of Boro fans back in there. Not very big.
Wetherspoons type pubs, Issacs,Resolution and Swatters car will be busy as all opening from 8.
Yates the same.
Pubs up on Southfield road will be busy before and after the game regardless of the score.

Anyone not bothered about being in a workingmens club could try the Ironopolis in Bright St. just round corner from Doc Browns. Old fashioned club with big bar, small snug and a large concert room. Kids allowed in but gets packed. Do let away fans in if in small numbers. I have been going there since the club moved to the Riverside and not seen any bother despite being rammed.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=pubs in...,0.03690747905463709&fz=15&qop=1&rlfi=hd:;si:

Thanks, appreciate your views and advice. :thumbsup:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Yates the same.

What about the Bluebell hotel? :)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
a bloody long walk to the ground from there.

Hi Thornabyred, possibly asking a little too much but do you know anywhere decent for post match in Whitby ? Looking for a beer garden and some local ales. By the way I went to school in Yarm back in 1980 and was a regular at Darlo that season. I went to Ayresome Park once and looking forward to my first trip to the Riverside.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Hi Thornabyred, possibly asking a little too much but do you know anywhere decent for post match in Whitby ? Looking for a beer garden and some local ales. By the way I went to school in Yarm back in 1980 and was a regular at Darlo that season. I went to Ayresome Park once and looking forward to my first trip to the Riverside.

The Station inn New Quay Rd ,Black Horse Vaults Church Street, Endeavour Church Street .All Ale Pubs.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Plenty in town for Friday night drinking. What's the Wetherspoons Resolution like or Yates next door. Looking for food and ale. I guess colours are out of the question and whisper the drinks order.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
Thank you, I will get googling on those. Ive never looked forward more to an away game than this one. We will make a weekend of it regardless of the result.
Save you looking, I know Whitby quite well, been half dozen times this year though not for drinking.
The Angel in the harbour near the station is a wetherspoons and will have their usual ales.
Plenty of small bars , little Angel up Flowergate is a good shout, Pub over the road The Elsinore used to be the Leeds Whitby supporters HQ. Resolution a bit further up is a night club as well as bar.
Plenty of small bars around both sides of the harbour.

If you have never been to Whitby I hope you are pleasantly supprised. Its a lovely picturesque fishing town with decent sized marina. Good beaches and proper stone piers.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...m=lcl&tbs=lf_msr:-1,lf:1,lf_ui:1&rlfi=hd:;si:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Save you looking, I know Whitby quite well, been half dozen times this year though not for drinking.
The Angel in the harbour near the station is a wetherspoons and will have their usual ales.
Plenty of small bars , little Angel up Flowergate is a good shout, Pub over the road The Elsinore used to be the Leeds Whitby supporters HQ. Resolution a bit further up is a night club as well as bar.
Plenty of small bars around both sides of the harbour.

If you have never been to Whitby I hope you are pleasantly supprised. Its a lovely picturesque fishing town with decent sized marina. Good beaches and proper stone piers.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...m=lcl&tbs=lf_msr:-1,lf:1,lf_ui:1&rlfi=hd:;si:

Much appreciated, always enjoy my trips up north

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I had one of my top 3, best ever fish & chips meals in Whitby........Whitehaven & (oddly) Huddersfield, next to the market, are the other contenders.

Carry on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here