Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex travel problems

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A vast number complain about getting to and from The AMEX but I have been looking at the various sites for Middlesborough and it appears the nearest you can get to the stadium by public transport means a walk of between 10 and 15 minutes walk for an able bodied person. Perhaps we arent so badly off.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You clearly didnt wait 2 hours for the park and ride bus on Monday then like a lot of people did..... accidents happen i know but it was poorly handled from the off.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We're not badly off at all.

No stadium in the world would be able to have 25K+ people all trying to leave at the same time, and either drive away with no traffic jams, or stroll onto a waiting bus or train.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that the No 25 goes around the ground, if you stay on it, leaving a 2 minute walk. Middlesborough have no such bus service or one that gets anywhere near.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My point is that the No 25 goes around the ground, if you stay on it, leaving a 2 minute walk. Middlesborough have no such bus service or one that gets anywhere near.

I'll give you a piggy-back for the 1 mile walk back to the station if we win. You're not overweight are you?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You clearly didnt wait 2 hours for the park and ride bus on Monday then like a lot of people did..... accidents happen i know but it was poorly handled from the off.

You're not comparing like with like - that was a one-off. BG is pointing out the usual travelling time to getting to the Riverside

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Been saying it for years to the grizzlers how lucky we are to have a station right next to the stadium, when most other fans have a fair old walk before they even see a platform (Fulham) or a station miles away (Reading) or nothing whatsoever in the vicinity (Yeovil). And the queues move swiftly as we're usually well served on matchdays trainwise, assuming there's not been a f-up somewhere. I can leave on the final whistle and be home (or in the pub) in Portslade inside 45 minutes. Outstanding.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well that must have taken some doing. My nephews arrived at 12.15 and were in the stadium for 1.00 and I arrived at 1.10 and was in the stadium for 2.15, all via mill road P&R. Yes it was shit, but not :moo::shit:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You're not comparing like with like - that was a one-off. BG is pointing out the usual travelling time to getting to the Riverside

its not really a one off, although largely the Park and Ride works well, its always a bloody disaster on Bank Holiday fixtures, and my main gripe was the lack of information at the time.

Had it been pissing down on Monday it could have got out of hand very easily in the queues.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well that must have taken some doing. My nephews arrived at 12.15 and were in the stadium for 1.00 and I arrived at 1.10 and was in the stadium for 2.15, all via mill road P&R. Yes it was shit, but not :moo::shit:

I arrived at Mill Road P&R at 12.30 and got in at 2.15.... and they were queing out of sight around the corner when i finally got away, many must have missed Ko.
I understand road acidents happen, but as i say it was the lack of comms that annoyed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I arrived at Mill Road P&R at 12.30 and got in at 2.15.... and they were queing out of sight around the corner when i finally got away, many must have missed Ko.
I understand road acidents happen, but as i say it was the lack of comms that annoyed.

Agree completely with the lack of comms. They do have those walky talky thingys

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll give you a piggy-back for the 1 mile walk back to the station if we win. You're not overweight are you?
I hope you're deaf.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I think of the transport loop holes we had to go through and it appears Middlesbro just disregarded that perhaps the NIMBYS up north arent as vociferous as those in Falmer. Mind an elderly couple got on the 25 at the Falmer Village stop and she kept on about how they go into Brighton when there is a home game at The Amex saying it has ruined the village. I couldnt resist it and said I wonder if the governor of The Swan or farm shop agrees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here