Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The very thought of Sherff Weds away....

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Send me into meltdown.

What an incredible season, one where we may end up on the highest points for years to not make the auto places and be lumbered with an horrific 2-leg fixture to Sheff weds who may finish some 20 points behind us!

Another long away trip 6 days after Boro away and a place we have never won..... then if we beat them Hull or Derby in the final - Derby look VERY strong.

Have felt like absolute sh!t since our result on Monday, which is weird as we're still as we were 5 games ago saying if we keep up the tempo we could jus need a win at Boro to go up - but feels like a missed opportunity and also missing Dunk is huge!

I hope and wish we do the business on Saturday and can watch boro in the playoffs as we all have a celebratory beer at home..... please let it happen and this be out year!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We'll get way more internet goons from Massive on here than from Burnley or Middlesbrough.

In fact, the palace trolls won't even have to pretend they are from Wednesday - they can afford to take a week off and concentrate on their 'studies' :lolol:

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Biggest club in the world apparently!

Problem is with the disappointment should we miss out on the autos, and boro 6 days beforehand, I cant see many making the trip back to Yorkshire on a Friday night for the 1st leg which would be a shame.

My guts are in bits, just hope we can muster up a MASSIVE performance this Saturday - the Derby performance has me feeling like its not gonna happen, but after seeing some of the stuff we played V Fulham and QPR in the 2nd half of each gives me some belief we can triumph and Boro crumble under the ridiculous pressure their manager and fans will be putting on the players.....

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Don't think I agree with this. In the playoffs we'll surely sell out, even so soon after Boro.

Boro away = time off work and massive expense.

If the worst should happen and we go into playoffs, then you have a sh!tty trip to grim Sheffield 6 days later on a Friday = more expense and another day off work as no trains will get you home after the game. Plus as its the 1st leg they're usually dull and cagey and perhaps people will save their money for the home leg and "please god" a trip to Wembley!!

I cant see more than 1500-2000 going to Hillsboro should we go that route.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I hate first legs, as generally nothing is decided unless a stupidly one sided result.

So being a bad fan I wouldn't go.

I'd even struggle to bother to watch it on TV, but would have to in order for the lucky Volt shirt to cast its spell.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
True - but if you look at the table we should not of been beaten by Rotherham, or come within an injury time penalty miss against us from drawing with Mk franchise....
Wednesday lost to Rotherham at home and MK Franchise away.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Boro away = time off work and massive expense.

If the worst should happen and we go into playoffs, then you have a sh!tty trip to grim Sheffield 6 days later on a Friday = more expense and another day off work as no trains will get you home after the game. Plus as its the 1st leg they're usually dull and cagey and perhaps people will save their money for the home leg and "please god" a trip to Wembley!!

I cant see more than 1500-2000 going to Hillsboro should we go that route.

We've got a lot of fans who wanted to go to Boro but missed out, so that wouldn't be a factor for them. I'd be surprised if we don't take 2000+.

For some of our fans who go to away games Sheffield will be closer to home than a game at the Amex. I have no idea of how many fans we have in the northern half of the country who go to away games but I bet it's significant

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I thought we will finish 3rd so decided to give Boro a miss so I can afford both playoff games and the possible Wembley trip.

I hope Im wrong and we get the result as Boro. Will be shame to miss the party if it does happen though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here