Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Captain for Sat?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Now that GG is back, should he automatically be captain ? Bruno has been immense this season and has captained the team brilliantly during this last incredible run of matches so, who should lead the team out.

Bruno for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It really doesn't matter. We have about 4 captains on the pitch. Kayal and Stockdale are both leaders.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It really doesn't matter. We have about 4 captains on the pitch. Kayal and Stockdale are both leaders.
Agree. Stockdale always does the pre match huddle talk. My son asked why Bruno wasn't doing it as he was captain and I said we have more than one captain which is why we're such a good team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, it's the most important game since Hereford, so let's start off by insulting our team captain!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Greer, most certainly. I prefer Bruno without the burden of the captain's armband. He's been good at it and I love him deeply, but I worry it tampers with his natural wish to flair an opponent to death.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Bruno has earned it IMHO.

The armband should be offered to GG as skipper, but he should be big enough to realise that we need consistency going into the last game and give it up to Bruno.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Who cares it just requires standing still for a photo and calling heads or tails. When the game starts leaders will lead

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough I was just putting it out there.
No worries :D

But having thought about it silly really GG is Captain so should lead the team out.
Indeed. Even if Chris thought Bruno was the better captain, it would just be completely the wrong message. Bruno wouldn't be insulted that GG is captain for 1 day, everyone knows what Bruno has done for the last 6 months, but GG has been captain for years and I would think bringing him in at this crucial stage and suddenly telling him he's not captain anymore would really upset him, and put him in the wrong frame of mind for the game.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here