Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship rivalry.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
With living and working near London amongst other football fans, it's surprising on how many of them have genuinely said that they hope Brighton do get promoted.
I am mainly talking of Fulham, QPR, Brentford and Watford fans.
Possibly because of the Leicester effect or just best wishes, it's nice to hear.
I for one do not take this sincerity for granted :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Also, people remeber how we got duffed up by the arch tit Archer . . . .

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Probably because we've been playing great football all season, older fans know our history, our fans have a reputation as passionate and decent folk, even if we're seen as little bit entitled. Derby and Burnley are generally disliked, nobody gives a toss about Hull or Wednesday, Boro probably gets more as they're the big team, but we certainly have proven our worth as a very good, ambitious championship side that has been very unlucky in playoffs over the past few years

Last edited:

el punal

Ditto down here in Southampton. Many would love having three south coast teams in the Premier League, Saints, Bournemourh and us. Portsmouth aren't even mentioned by the way.

Several reasons come into the 'feel good for Brighton factor'. Firstly, Chris Hughton comes across as an astute, intelligent manager and a thoroughly decent bloke as well. Our recent history has given us a bit of the sympathy vote amongst neutral fans. We will be newcomers to the Premier League, so a welcome change to the perennial yo-yo clubs. Our style of play and wonderful team spirit, with a never say die attitude, has impressed many - particularly as we were predicted, in some quarters, to be relegated.

And then, there are us fans. We may not be the loudest, or the most passionate, but in the main we are seen as the friendliest and knowledgeable around. Think of the reaction of Charlton fans to our support for them last week.

Finally, we are Brighton. The town that's assisting police with their enquiries, which makes us a must for an away trip for any fan!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Plus we haven't done anything in a couple of generations so there's a freshness about us eg I wanted Man City to win their first title. Can't stand em now!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Plus we haven't done anything in a couple of generations so there's a freshness about us eg I wanted Man City to win their first title. Can't stand em now!!

This is absolutely the crux of it, we're everything everyone ever wanted and so much more. Totally agree about City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here