Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can you re heat porridge?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Of course, you can reheat anything. Whether it will be any good or safe to eat I'm not sure though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes indeed you can. But the cost of storing it overnight and reheating it tomorrow will outweigh the saving. Why not offer it to a friend?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've just realised, PORRIDGE, for facking dinner! You're 'avin' a larrrrf.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes indeed you can. But the cost of storing it overnight and reheating it tomorrow will outweigh the saving. Why not offer it to a friend?

How much does it cost to store overnight!? What does your food do, rent space in your fridge? :lolol:

Eat it cold tomorrow is my advice, I often make too much porridge in the morning, but might have it cold later on the day. Wonderful stuff with some banana and raisins mixed in.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Reheat; add some peanut butter, hot sauce (sriracha?), and a dash of soy sauce. Surprisingly delicious if you like that sort of thing.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Well, at least it's followed up by bread and butter pudding..

Looks like I'll have the left overs for breakfast tomorrow :smile:

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
There's no limit to how much porridge you can eat - bloody lovely stuff. Don't save it - get it down you NOW!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How much does it cost to store overnight!? What does your food do, rent space in your fridge? :lolol:

Eat it cold tomorrow is my advice, I often make too much porridge in the morning, but might have it cold later on the day. Wonderful stuff with some banana and raisins mixed in.

Ah, any extra material in the fridge needs to be cooled. That takes energy and energy costs money.

Plus there are the labour costs. In real terms, decanting foodstuff into a storage vessel and placing it in the fridge costs time. And time is money. Do you have any idea how much I earn? (sorry, I was saving that for the thread on housing costs in Burnley, and now I'll have to think up something else to say - more time, more money lost....).

Looking after little things like this is what once made this country great. That, and the exploitation of the weak and gullible, obviously.

Ten pages? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here