Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester celebrating is apparently the World's leading news story on Radio 4 this evening

Nearly a day after this really was news, albeit inevitable, I listened with increasing bemusement to Radio 4's main 6pm news where not only was it the main story, they must have devoted seven minutes to it! What the hell is wrong with Radio 4's producers when they choose this? I'd have thought a brief mention at the end of the half hour bulletin would have sufficed, if it needed any further mention at all.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
They had Nick Robinson presenting from outside the ground for the Today show this morning. Complete overkill.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An uplifting item as a lead item on the news, crucify the producer and let's have hours of doom and gloom. FFS

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Don't think I'd really like it if the whole world was jumping on Albion's bandwagon if we had achieved something like that ! Would regulars on here be able to cope with all the JCLs ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
An uplifting item as a lead item on the news, crucify the producer and let's have hours of doom and gloom. FFS

The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the whole media manipulation thing, the contrived elements of some of the TV coverage - news cameras being in various Leicester fan's living rooms as they watched the United match and their playing to the cameras reactions as the game unfolded, it's like Goggle Box and similar crap - no one in front of a camera is acting naturally because they're aware of the camera. It just insults the viewer's intelligence (or lack thereof).

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
They deserve the limelight, they have been a breath of fresh air this season.
Sky seem to only love the big clubs, they deserve their 5 minutes of fame.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I think what happens is that it's an easy (read lazy) way of filling hours and hours of broadcasting time. I remember when Blackpool went up to the Prem. a couple of years ago and it was as if the BBC had kind of adopted them in their run-in.
I know it makes me sound like a miserable git but let's have a bit of a sense of proportion: the Leicester story was even one of the top features on the World Service for goodness sake. The way it's going is that there soon won't be a single person in Leicester who hasn't been interviewed.
OK, I AM a miserable git.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not only was the BBC Sport homepage full of Leicester, but the NEWS one was too earlier on in the day!

A bit too much for me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the whole media manipulation thing, the contrived elements of some of the TV coverage - news cameras being in various Leicester fan's living rooms as they watched the United match and their playing to the cameras reactions as the game unfolded, it's like Goggle Box and similar crap - no one in front of a camera is acting naturally because they're aware of the camera. It just insults the viewer's intelligence (or lack thereof).

Must confess, looking after three grandchildren for the last three days I haven't actually seen the news but I get completely get what you are saying. Reality bollocks does my head in and it sounds like this is the way it is being covered from what you have posted. My original post was just stating how pleased I was to hear that a lead item on the news was something good!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Most shared article in Le Monde this morning. I was quite surprised by that one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is news and you can't blame the news editors for reporting it. I prefer a happy story to all the doom, gloom and misery around. If you really can't stand it, turn off your tv or radio for a few days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here