Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley...I mean Burnley for christ sake!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why Burnley? The more I think about it the more depressed I feel.

I mean a glum northern town with no prospects and not a lot of fans, David bloody Fishwick, dilapidated ground and a place no one in their right mind would want to go to.

Football gods, you have a strange way of dealing the cards!

That is all

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Football gods felt sorry for people living in Burnley.

Apr 22, 2016
Cry more.

Your town has 3 times the population of Burnley and no other significant football team within 35 miles of you yet you can only pull in about 1.6x as many people as the average attendance. Arya regains her sight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can someone embed that **** Barton's gloating tweet from today...?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Cry more.

Your town has 3 times the population of Burnley and no other significant football team within 35 miles of you yet you can only pull in about 1.6x as many people as the average attendance. Arya regains her sight.

Umm Crawley?...and even thats a nicer place than Burnley...Just, mind you!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Cry more.

That's because Burnley's a shithole and Matchdays are the only time when the people that live there don't wake up and weep.

Apr 22, 2016
Umm Crawley?...and even thats a nicer place than Burnley...Just, mind you!

I said significant. But i suppose we can count having the team sitting 20th in League Two as significant.

So that's one "significant" team within 35 miles. Would you like to count Burnley's local competition?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I said significant. But i suppose we can count having the team sitting 20th in League Two as significant.

So that's one "significant" team within 35 miles. Would you like to count Burnley's local competition?

What has that got to do with the price of eggs?

Apr 22, 2016
That's because Burnley's a shithole and Matchdays are the only time when the people that live there don't wake up and weep.

It is a shithole, you're right. But you don't care that it's a shithole. However you do care that we'll be in the Premier League next season, and you probably won't. Why else would this tearful thread exist?

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015

Seriously, keep it coming. This is adding a wonderful comedy angle to celebrating promotion. We didn't have that the last two times so it's freshening up the experience.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It is a shithole, you're right. But you don't care that it's a shithole. However you do care that we'll be in the Premier League next season, and you probably won't. Why else would this tearful thread exist?

It's not tearful, just a depressing reality! I was tearful when Palace got promoted, well nearly!

Apr 22, 2016
What has that got to do with the price of eggs?

Because one of your complaints was that Burnley has "not a lot of fans". Neither does Brighton, even fewer than Burnley if we divide average attendance by population. And that's before factoring in local competition.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Because one of your complaints was that Burnley has "not a lot of fans". Neither does Brighton, even fewer than Burnley if we divide average attendance by population. And that's before factoring in local competition.

People move to Brighton to commute, who moves to Burnley?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure why there is so much animosity towards Burnley. They have got more points than us and fully deserve their promotion. You may not like the way they play, their manager or the thug that is their talisman on the pitch but it worked. We might still join them, we may even win the league (unlikely but possible). We may still be in the Championship next season, so let's show a bit of class and stop the sour grapes though?

If we'd defended better at the Amex we could have stopped them in their tracks....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There are few towns in the UK that are more of a shit hole than Burnley; Middlesbrough does however pip them. Sheffield, York (obviously), and plenty of others, even Leeds ffs, are just fine - or better - but Burnley and Middlesbrough? :nono:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I care that the success of my football team is far less important to the happiness in my life than other more meaningful things. I have nothing against Burnley FC, particularly given the way that they gave 100% against Reading 2 years ago. However, I would not swap living there for anything, so your attempts to gloat don't cut very deep. That's all.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not sure why there is so much animosity towards Burnley. They have got more points than us and fully deserve their promotion. You may not like the way they play, their manager or the thug that is their talisman on the pitch but it worked. We might still join them, we may even win the league (unlikely but possible). We may still be in the Championship next season, so let's show a bit of class and stop the sour grapes though?

Or alternatively, we can take the piss out of those new NSC members who have suddenly decided to post, and to take the bait proffered. There are a couple of decent NSC Burnley fans, who have built some rep on here, either through longevity or through humility - those I have respect for. They've yet to post on this thread. If they do, I'm pretty sure they won't respond to the baiting in the way that our two new dullards have.

Apr 22, 2016
I care that the success of my football team is far less important to the happiness in my life than other more meaningful things. I have nothing against Burnley FC, particularly given the way that they gave 100% against Reading 2 years ago. However, I would not swap living there for anything, so your attempts to gloat don't cut very deep. That's all.

The quality of my life goes beyond the aesthetics of my surroundings. Maybe that's why I happen across a better class of people here than I do on forums of clubs who live in nicer towns but are bitter that despite a nice seaside they are left supporting inferior football clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here