Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who remembers NSC back in 1979 ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
May 1979 Albion GUNNING for promotion dropped a point at LUTON in a MUST win match, Lawrenson got INJURED and was out for the SEASON and with 2 matches to GO Albion had to WIN at home to Blackburn and then win AWAY at Newcastle to SECURE promotion, NOTHING else would do.

I didn't READ anything on NSC then about feeling FLAT or losing my MOJO or any other kind of DEFEATIST talk from FAIR weather FAIRIES all we had was POSITIVITY.

Who remembers the THREAD 'I NEED a ticket for the SEAGULLS Special' or 'What PUB is everyone DRINKING in at NEWCASTLE ?' and the old favourite 'Is IT PAY on the GATE ?' and of COARSE 'MASSIVE team NEWS for TOMORROW and LAWRENSON dropped after ROW with NOBBY' .

Anyone who INDULGES in DEFEATIST talk this week should have their Middlesboro tickets REMOVED from them and GIVEN to TRUE fans who will get BEHIND the team not CRY and SULK about feeling FLAT and if they can't SUPPORT the team they should LOSE their season tickets too.

It is TIME for every Albion SUPPORTER to recreate 1979 and ROAR us to the Premier LEAGUE.

UP THE ALBION

SACK DICK TIGHT NOW

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah yes, I remember my 1979 "Labour are 7 points ahead" thread.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
May 1979 Albion GUNNING for promotion dropped a point at LUTON in a MUST win match, Lawrenson got INJURED and was out for the SEASON and with 2 matches to GO Albion had to WIN at home to Blackburn and then win AWAY at Newcastle to SECURE promotion, NOTHING else would do.

I didn't READ anything on NSC then about feeling FLAT or losing my MOJO or any other kind of DEFEATIST talk from FAIR weather FAIRIES all we had was POSITIVITY.

Who remembers the THREAD 'I NEED a ticket for the SEAGULLS Special' or 'What PUB is everyone DRINKING in at NEWCASTLE ?' and the old favourite 'Is IT PAY on the GATE ?' and of COARSE 'MASSIVE team NEWS for TOMORROW and LAWRENSON dropped after ROW with NOBBY' .

Anyone who INDULGES in DEFEATIST talk this week should have their Middlesboro tickets REMOVED from them and GIVEN to TRUE fans who will get BEHIND the team not CRY and SULK about feeling FLAT and if they can't SUPPORT the team they should LOSE their season tickets too.

It is TIME for every Albion SUPPORTER to recreate 1979 and ROAR us to the Premier LEAGUE.

UP THE ALBION

SACK DICK TIGHT NOW

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

All joking aside, you are right. We need to be positive and believe. We can and will do this.
If anyone does have a spare ticket, or feels too deflated to go to our final match...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Excellent thread ENREST.

All the parallels have fallen into place.

1 - 3 to the albion.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I told you NOT to MENTION that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sussex_by_the_Sea#1939_Sussex_People.27s_March_of_History

1939 Sussex People's March of History

Marching through Eastbourne in the 'Sussex People's March of History' of 1939 with banners that included Jack Cade's rebellion in 1450, the Swing Riots of 1830 and the Battle of Lewes Road, which was a significant incident in Brighton in the General Strike of 1926, 400 protesters led by ERNEST Trory of the Sussex Communist movement sang the following words to Sussex by the Sea.

Now is the time for marching
Under our banners red
Rank upon rank advancing
Surely we forge ahead
So let your voices ring comrades,
All you who would be free
And we'll sing a song
As we march along
Of peace and liberty

I've got a new song I thought I'd ask on here if it's OK as it probably won't catch on if I just SIGN it on my own

It goes to the tune of sailing by that unkempt youngster Rod Steward

We are Seagulls
we are Seagulls
Super Seagulls
From The Coast
We are Seagulls
We are seagulls
From the coast

What do you think?
Feel free to change it if you think anything fits better

Sent by the GPO from the phone box in Birdham Rd

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quality post Enrest. That's more like it :bigwave:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
cracker of a thread ErNesT
MAYBE YOUR BEST YET

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Lovely stuff. ENREST has spoken, we are going to win.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Which SEGAL specials is everyone getting? I HERE the SAUSAGE and mash special has gone up to 73p.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here