Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half-time at Middlesbrough

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Future classic thread.

In the meantime, worth re-reading this: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?160-Half-Time-at-Hereford

We don’t have nearly as much as stake on Saturday.

At the beginning of the season, most of us would have taken a play-off place - and that’s what we’ll get if we DON’T win. Amazing!

Nothing much to lose here, really. Certainly not comparable to losing our league status or, you know, the club’s very existence.

The pressure really is on Boro, who were expected to go up (16/1 ON at one stage, I believe?). They’ve spent loads (probably busting FFP rules). They’ve blown chances before. And if they don’t go up, they’ll have to start again with a new manager next season.

All the pressure is on Boro's so-called Galácticos.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As others have said, they also face the dilemma of how they approach the match when they know they only need a draw.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We need a goal,
Don't give a fk,
We're Brighton And Hove Albion,
We're going up.

D

Deleted member 2719

The league should let all the top three go up, it's not fair.

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As others have said, they also face the dilemma of how they approach the match when they know they only need a draw.

Sure, but I guess I was thinking more how we, as fans, approach the match!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Future classic thread.

In the meantime, worth re-reading this: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?160-Half-Time-at-Hereford

We don’t have nearly as much as stake on Saturday.

At the beginning of the season, most of us would have taken a play-off place - and that’s what we’ll get if we DON’T win. Amazing!

Nothing much to lose here, really. Certainly not comparable to losing our league status or, you know, the club’s very existence.

The pressure really is on Boro, who were expected to go up (16/1 ON at one stage, I believe?). They’ve spent loads (probably busting FFP rules). They’ve blown chances before. And if they don’t go up, they’ll have to start again with a new manager next season.

All the pressure is on Boro's so-called Galácticos.
Exactly. There is absolutely no comparison between the two matches. If we lose on Saturday we get another chance in the footballing equivalent of the Repechage. Then if we screw that up - well that's exactly what we've done in two of the last three seasons so we'll be on familiar ground. I'm not even going to say "This year's our best chance, we might not get another for ages" as I said exactly that when we played Palace.

It will undoubtedly be gut-wrenching to lose on Saturday, and it will be compounded if we don't then win the play-offs, but we'll still be here, we can 'go again' to borrow Gerrad's phrase.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm just annoyed we chose the one season in the last 11 or so to get 88 points which would have been top 2 any other year. That is just pure bad luck... :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here