Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NS YESTERDAY - Why were stewards checking tickets at half time?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Anybody have a clue?

The stand manager was rude and obnoxious, even putting her hands on a guys chest to stop him returning to his seat so he could retrieve his ticket that she had demanded to see!

Yes, I know under the T&Cs tickets can be checked at any time but seemed a very odd thing to do last home game, and particularly when they weren't giving a reason or explanation even when it was requested. As usual, there had been no trouble or issues at all.

Seemed the checking was targeted on the back ten "standing" rows. Club laying down a marker for next season or what?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Yet when two blokes under the video screen started knocking lumps out of each other they were nowhere to be seen

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It was all down to Dick Tight being at the game.Someone (Enrest?) informed the stewards that tickets had been bought with Cup Final money!

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
My guess is people were going up there who weren't supposed to be in those rows as we were over subscribed in our row in the north with more people than seats for some reason.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... As usual, there had been no trouble or issues at all.

Seemed the checking was targeted on the back ten "standing" rows.

maybe because there was some trouble in the back, under the TV.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
My guess is people were going up there who weren't supposed to be in those rows as we were over subscribed in our row in the north with more people than seats for some reason.

Good guess. But why then only check the tickets of those returning to their seats and ignore those sitting in seats. Makes no sense.

I'll e-mail Barber and see what he can come up with!

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
Good guess. But why then only check the tickets of those returning to their seats and ignore those sitting in seats. Makes no sense.

I'll e-mail Barber and see what he can come up with!

They checked ours as we were sat on row 8 (in our seats ) no reason given and yes the female stand manager was very rude and obnoxious, we were very polite so no reason at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here