Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Peter Pan Playground redevelopment - "Sea Lanes"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This sounds like an interesting development and would be a good addition to the city...

Brighton & Hove City Council has agreed to a long lease for a swimming pool project dubbed Sea Lanes at the long-vacant Peter Pan’s playground in Madeira Drive 800 metres east of Brighton Pier.

Sea Lanes forms part of a wider £1 billion regeneration plan for Brighton seafront and the developers behind the complex of open air swimming pools believe the facility will be the first of its kind in the country. Developers Copsemill Properties and SwimTrek hope it will become a national centre for open water swimming.

Plans include a heated, open-air 50-metre long eight-lane pool, showers, sauna, changing rooms, studios for training, therapy rooms, exercise and yoga facilities, a café, retail, offices, a function room and a bike hire facility.

A planning application is anticipated at the end of the summer with an 18 month build time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This sounds like an interesting development and would be a good addition to the city...

Brighton & Hove City Council has agreed to a long lease for a swimming pool project dubbed Sea Lanes at the long-vacant Peter Pan’s playground in Madeira Drive 800 metres east of Brighton Pier.

Sea Lanes forms part of a wider £1 billion regeneration plan for Brighton seafront and the developers behind the complex of open air swimming pools believe the facility will be the first of its kind in the country. Developers Copsemill Properties and SwimTrek hope it will become a national centre for open water swimming.

Plans include a heated, open-air 50-metre long eight-lane pool, showers, sauna, changing rooms, studios for training, therapy rooms, e and yoga facilities, a café, retail, offices, a function room and a bike hire facility.

A planning application is anticipated at the end of the summer with an 18 month build time.

I look forward to seeing the plans for a mock-Regency swimming pool, yoga facility and office complex....as this is the only way it will get past planning.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003

Commencing 2025, with a vastly scaled down, visually unimpressive contender for a part in a new Channel 4 series called Bland Designs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Certainly anything that helps connect the marina to the town would be welcome. And, yeah, why not, a monorail or a tram all the way along Marine Parade. Sort of like the Victorians did with the Volks Railway. It's hardly rocket science. It's not even railway science.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We had bat collisions, so I wonder if we will have flying fish collisions put forward by the regency society?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
will they be serving prawn sandwiches, if not its a NO from me :lolol:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I may be missing something, but what is the point of an unheated, saltwater swimming pool when the sea is literally meters away?.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Met one of the developers after the QPR game in a Brighton pub. He was both enthusiastic and confident about this project. Sounded great to me. 50 metre pool? [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] will be chuffed.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Met one of the developers after the QPR game in a Brighton pub. He was both enthusiastic and confident about this project. Sounded great to me. 50 metre pool? [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] will be chuffed.

Outdoor 50m Pool is right up my street or should I say Lane.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here