Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three things

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
1. We will get promoted if we win on Saturday.
2. We can still get promoted as Champions
3. If we don't win, we can still get promoted via the play-offs at Wembley

Feeling better?

tommyseagull

Jan 11, 2012
If bunley draw and we win, we'd have to win by 4 goals to be champions I take it? If they lose and we win, we win the league by a point,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If bunley draw and we win, we'd have to win by 4 goals to be champions I take it? If they lose and we win, we win the league by a point,

Yeah, relying on them losing really. Could happen - Burnley just got promoted and will have been partying, will they be that bothered? Charlton look a better team since they got relegated - were half decent against us and won away at the Champions of Europe at the weekend. The disruptions could also play a part.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Meant to add, I know it's very small consolation but even if we don't make it at least we would be in for another thrilling season in the Championship - the most exciting league in English football. We must stand a decent chance of going up given the team we've got - and there'll be some great teams to play against (Villa, Newcastle and/or Sunderland...). Would still be absolutely gutting I know, but perhaps it'll be a repeat of the 77/78 and 78/79 seasons. A very near miss, then promotion the following year.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Meant to add, I know it's very small consolation but even if we don't make it at least we would be in for another thrilling season in the Championship - the most exciting league in English football. We must stand a decent chance of going up given the team we've got - and there'll be some great teams to play against (Villa, Newcastle and/or Sunderland...). Would still be absolutely gutting I know, but perhaps it'll be a repeat of the 77/78 and 78/79 seasons. A very near miss, then promotion the following year.

Completely agree with this. If we don't go up, I'll be gutted. However, keep this team together and add another striker and a couple more signings and we'd have every chance of being up the top again. Even if we lose one or two players, I have faith in the current setup to go out and buy the right players unlike when we sold Ulloa, Buckley etc a couple of years ago.

Having said that, I believe we can do it on Saturday. Pressure is on Boro. Their fans will expect to be promoted. We can enjoy the day a bit more and hopefully surprise them!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Only if we keep Kayal, Stephens and Knockaert.

Tony must resist all bids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here