Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Got DRAW written all over it

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Today's result means that only a win will be good enough against Boro next Saturday to grab second spot and autos.

Given that Boro have only lost twice at home all season and we have only lost twice away all season, I fear next Saturday has draw written all over it. And with our inferior GD, the play-offs await.

I will remain positive and optimistic but a draw it will be ....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Middlesbrough couldn't hold a lead for 45 minutes against a far inferior attack than ours on Friday. I'm confident that we can score at least once in 90, even if they do set up defensively.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Today's result means that only a win will be good enough against Boro next Saturday to grab second spot and autos.

Given that Boro have only lost twice at home all season and we have only lost twice away all season, I fear next Saturday has draw written all over it. And with our inferior GD, the play-offs await.

Thanks I'd have never of guessed we needed to win :moo:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Then you are neither positive nor optimistic

What I meant to say was "I hope we will win" - that's the positive / optimistic bit ...

But realistically, I think it will end in a draw .....

Pessimistically, we'll get turned over 3-0 which is what I've gone for on the score predictor.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
It's in the bag:

We beat Fulham 5 - 0
We beat QPR 4 - 0
We beat Charlton 3 - 1
We should have kept the descending goal count going with 2 goals scored today instead of the 1 against Derby.

However, luckily having already used up the 1, this absolutely means the missing 2 goals from the sequence are coming next Saturday against Middlesbrough. This will be enough for the win and auto promotion. They'll not get more than a single goal against us.

and I'm sticking with it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

In the middle of the season I would.agree with you except this is a cup final winner takes all.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
no chance of winning if we continue to play long high balls up to those renowned front men hemed and baldock?! what was all that about? why change the way we play out from the back in the most important game of the season? bizarre.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

For f*ck sake, this is simple. Win and we get automatic promotion and evenly possible the title... I would rather be going there knowing we need to win then trying to play for a draw!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
For f*ck sake, this is simple. Win and we get automatic promotion and evenly possible the title... I would rather be going there knowing we need to win then trying to play for a draw!

Best policy by far.
Go for the win and if we get picked off, fair play to them.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
no chance of winning if we continue to play long high balls up to those renowned front men hemed and baldock?! what was all that about? why change the way we play out from the back in the most important game of the season? bizarre.
derby pressed very high to stop us playing out from the back that's why we need different tactics but the stats looked okay Derby fullbacks made some cynical tackles to stop our wide men getting in behind them. As I said all Season keep the faith we have a team with loads of team spirit. Also loads of noise from the 2400 army who are travelling north.well done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here