Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why do fans feel the need to leave a game before the end?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As I was watching the game today in the NW corner of the ground, I noticed a number of fans leaving the game about 10 mins before the end.
I cannot understand why, when you have paid, that people leave, especially in an important game like todays.
It was quite eloquently put by a guy sitting next to me......"why aren't you twats staying to watch game"

Over to you :bowdown:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Seems ridiculous that they didn't want to stay and applaud the team after the game after what has been such a terrific season for us.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
What is more annoying the 10 minutes it takes for people to get back after half time. There were still people coming back in on 55 minutes, even in the north, PATHETIC behaviour. Is a pint/pie/coffee more important than our biggest home game since Palace?

If we (hopefully not) do end up in the play offs I'm writing to Barber to ask for all outlets to be closed at HT in the semi.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I cannot understand why, when you have paid, you worry so much what other people do towards the end of the match.
Maybe it's better for them to go early to try and beat the rush, especially if they have a distance to travel home.
They might all be alcoholics and need to get to the front of the queue to quench their addiction
Anyway, who really cares?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Perhaps:
their house was on fire
their mother was taken ill
a pipe has burst in their ceiling
the dogs run off
their wifes having an affair
they were diabetic and forgot their insulin
they had to collect their daughter from a dance class
they had won the lottery
THEY CHOSE TO DO SO BECAUSE THEY CAN AND ITS NO ELSES BUSINESS!!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No disrespect to the OP..but hasn't this been done to death?

PS why did so many leave after the players did there walk around the pitch but before the interview on cam by our glorious leader :moo:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
It is a symptom of all seater stadiums .
What annoys me most is the ones who whilst leaving early will suddenly stop, typically right in front of my seat just as something interesting happens in the match. My response is to shout "either leave or stay don't do both"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No idea why. Never done it myself - never even thought about doing it.

Sent from a device that doesn't need to pathetically advertise itself in conjunction with Crapatalk. Class. Just pure class!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I left on 86 minutes.

I didn't want to spend 45 minutes queuing for the train.
I missed the goal.

I feel a bit guilty that I didn't stay to applaud the team after the game, but I imagine they'd understand my not wanting to stand outside in the cold, inhaling everyone's cigarette fumes whilst waiting to climb into a sardine tin of a train.

So what?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why do fans feel the need to post this on Nsc every time? Nobody has the answers. Some leave some stay. Accept it as part of life.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
As I was watching the game today in the NW corner of the ground, I noticed a number of fans leaving the game about 10 mins before the end.
I cannot understand why, when you have paid, that people leave, especially in an important game like todays.
It was quite eloquently put by a guy sitting next to me......"why aren't you twats staying to watch game"

Over to you :bowdown:

Why are twats like you so bothered what I do at the end of the game..... or before.

As it happened, I personally stayed until the final whistle today, saw the goal, but then had to get back for something in Southampton in the evening.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
At a larger difference I could see the reason. I've walked out during especially abysmal games. But shirley you'd want to see out your team squeeze out a point for such a game like today though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here