Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line up for Boro match......

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Now that we have to go there for a win, I can't help thinking that I'd rather see a change in our attacking line up by bringing in Jamie Murphy for Baldock, but giving Knocky a free role behind Hemed and playing Murphy wide right. I genuinely think Knocky could cause Boro serious damage running at their defence from anywhere on the pitch while I think Murphy has a goal in him more than Baldock.

i'm sure it won't happen though and we'll be unchanged (apart from GG in for Dunk)

Last edited:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Very tough for CH to select the team for Saturday. I'm expecting the same again (apart from Greer for Dunk). Personally I would go with that except maybe swap Skalak for Murphy. Although even then I am far from certain.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Very tough for CH to select the team for Saturday. I'm expecting the same again (apart from Greer for Dunk). Personally I would go with that except maybe swap Skalak for Murphy. Although even then I am far from certain.

Totally agree with all of this

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Now that we have to go there for a win, I can't help thinking that I'd rather see a change in our attacking line by bringing in Jamie Murphy for Baldock, but giving Knocky a free role behind Hemed and playing Murphy wide right. I genuinely think Knocky could cause Boro serious damage running at their defence from anywhere on the pitch while I think Murphy has a goal in him more than Baldock.

i'm sure it won't happen though and we'll be unchanged (apart from GG in for Dunk)

I agree in principal. We need to match them in midfield and we need pace. Also I thought Baldock was poor today. He is a mid-table striker, when he comes up against the top 5 teams I think it shows.
However for that formation to work your one centre forward needs to be quick and strong, I don't think Hemed is that player, nor is Wilson.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Today's line-up has been the same since Fulham. I'm not sure of the wisdom of changing an attack that's scored 13 goals in 4 games.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Can I be mental and suggest a back 3 with Sidwell starting sitting in front of Goldson. Boro only play the one striker formation so it could work.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought Lua Lua was very good today. August's Championship player of the month has as much of a shout as anyone.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can I be mental and suggest a back 3 with Sidwell starting sitting in front of Goldson. Boro only play the one striker formation so it could work.

The thought has crossed my mind to start sidwell maybe not with a 3 at the back and stifle the hell out of them........with 25 mins to go we go for it..

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Yep.

Wouldn't be unhappy with drawing at half time. Pressure is still on them.

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Greer for Dunk
Murphy for Skalak
Wilson for Baldock

CH, do not allow us to get overun in midfield. Don't start Baldock, he doesn't have a top class goal in him.

So when it's 1-1 with 10 mins left we have to bring Baldock on for Wilson (he won't last 90 mins, not sure he even has 60 in him)..

Baldock to start, Wilson on if we need one goal with 20 or so to go. Wilson is much more likely to score a goal, but Baldock 'defends from the front' as one of the commentators said earlier.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So when it's 1-1 with 10 mins left we have to bring Baldock on for Wilson (he won't last 90 mins, not sure he even has 60 in him)..

Baldock to start, Wilson on if we need one goal with 20 or so to go. Wilson is much more likely to score a goal, but Baldock 'defends from the front' as one of the commentators said earlier.

Ahh. Baldock defends from the front, is that pundit talk, because its drivel. You said it, Wilson is more likely to score a goal and thats what we want. Lets get the early goals and make them have to come at us,

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno Goldson Greer Rosenior
Skalak Stephens Kayal Murphy
Hemed Wilson​

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sidwell start instead of Murphy or Wilson, I think one winger would make a lot of sense and make things narrow in the midfield - but we need to be wary that a change to 3 central midfielders will be a change for us that we're not used to. Sticking with our 4-4-2 makes things more familiar for us and suits us better in my opinion, we have a better balance that way.

Whatever we do, we have the options off the bench if required.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Boro are trying to keep it tight, I want Skalak to be putting the balls in. Murphy is better when on the break, and that's not going to happen if they're set up to defend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here