Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many went mad with equaliser?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Had loads of mongs fall on me. Despite it meaning nothing. Said to lads before game complete meaningless. Tell me the reason today to celebrate a draw rather than defeat. Would next sat be any different? Please enlighten me. For what it is worth, I do think we win next week.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's a goal in the last minute to wipe the smile off the Derby fans ffs. Anybody who didn't celebrate that goal is a bit of a "mong" imo. Getting a last minute equaliser will help the players mentally much more than a defeat, especially against a team we might be playing again in 4 weeks time.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Had loads of mongs fall on me. Despite it meaning nothing. Said to lads before game complete meaningless. Tell me the reason today to celebrate a draw rather than defeat. Would next sat be any different? Please enlighten me. For what it is worth, I do think we win next week.

Miserable git.

It shows the team's strength of character, helps them keep positive if we need a late goal on Saturday. They ended the game on a high, which is a better way to kick off such an important week. Whether the result was relevant or not, I think it helps

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Reduces Derby's chance of finishing 4th and thus having to play their second leg away at Hull. I'd rather play Hull, should we get to the final. That being said, I did find the celebrations a little OTT, a draw for us was effectively the same result as a defeat; momentum and confidence withstanding.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I celebrated and went wild in the south west, people looking at me like I was doing something wrong, was full of kids and old people though, never going in there again.

Humbleclaret

Banned
May 2, 2016
Of course it means something silly! Youre still on an unbeaten run maintaining that momentum, that counts for alot. Look at us! ~ humbleclaret

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I clapped because it felt more like a consolation goal rather than an equaliser.

If it had been the winner then that's completely different

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I went absolutely mental !

Knew it meant nothing really in the grand scheme of things, but it felt bloody good at the time and still does now.

By your logic then there's not much point celebrating a goal in the last minute say of any game where we're already a few goals to the good and goal difference is meaningless???

What an odd thread to start. But I suppose we're getting used to these at the moment on here. Seems like it's silly season from now until the season is done and dusted.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Who are you calling me a mong?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It definitely boosted my mood seeing the phone buzz twice in two seconds updating the goal and the score. A loss may statistically mean nothing but a last minute clincher would do just that to wipe the smile of their faces. If worst comes to worst and we end up facing them at Wembley then at least we've had them at a stalemate twice.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Everyone near me in East Upper went mental. I even had a little cuddle with a Bruno lookalike. Last home game of the season and a last minute equaliser. Seems fair enough.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Because every single goal the albion score is special, is right, is excellent, and although most of us don't have the talent to be on the pitch we all Stand or Fall for the Albion and Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here