Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Final match 'Winner Takes All' games are rare as hens teeth - make it count!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I've been watching us for 35 years and if you discount the play-off games which are forced 'them or us' situations, I can only recall attending one game which was entirely in the hands of both teams to win or lose a big prize and that was Hereford, so next Saturday will be the second of these games. Happy to stand corrected if there has been another.

For everyone going on Saturday forget today, Boro is a whole different game and the players need us to believe from start to finish and back them all the way.

Big hearts and voices required, this is an historic opportunity, so make it count x 2500!

The draw is our enemy, alas. There doesn't have to be a winner.
At Hereford, of course, the draw was all we needed (along with the good luck of it being one of the seasons where goals scored trumped goal difference).

Middlesbrough get the benefit of being able to play for a draw this time, despite us having scored more goals than them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Middlesbrough get the benefit of being able to play for a draw this time, despite us having scored more goals than them.

If they genuinely play for the draw they will look pretty stupid if they get it wrong.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The draw is our enemy, alas. There doesn't have to be a winner.

This is partly the reason for making the post. We know what we need and there is only one way to get it.

That requires whole-hearted, leave-your-brain-at-the-turnstile commitment to the cause on Saturday and just know that we do actually have the players who are well capable of turning Boro over.

Belief on Saturday is everything!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Invoke the spirit of '79.

Get into 'em and **** them up.

Oh and juice Bobby up and get him on the bench whatever! Could be his last ever game and oh what sweet deliciousness if he scores the winner.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We will win.

After reading the astrologer, Jonathan Cainer died today,
I quote his a reading he made on Monday:

"We aren't here for long. We should make the most of every moment. We all understand this yet don't we forget it, many times? We get caught up in missions, battles and desires. We imagine that we have forever and a day."
:albion2:

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Derby, today, were a much more dangerous team than Boro are likely to be, they were totally relaxed and played with no fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here