Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feeling flat

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think I should feel flat right now but I do.

At almost any point this season I'd have gladly snatched the opportunity to go to Boro knowing a win would take us up automatically with a consolation prize of the play-offs.

We've had a remarkable season and still have the chance to cap it off in style, yet I feel somewhat downbeat about it all.

Anyone else?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Seeing Burnley celebrate did not help

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Get rid of the feeling. Boro are s****ng themselves and have not played well for weeks. I felt flat like you but I've drank though it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly the same here. I knew Wilsons goal meant very little at the time. Annoyed we're not going to Biro with our strongest team too. Would've rather lost and still had Dunk personally. But I'm sure I'll be back to normal in a bit. Just seemed weird today. I've always considered is the outsiders but there's a lot of neutrals etc now getting involved who also haven't a clue about basic maths or football who want to offer an opinion. That Burnley fan suggesting we'd 'bottled it' sums up what I mean too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Get rid of the feeling. Boro are s****ng themselves and have not played well for weeks. I felt flat like you but I've drank though it.

I don't even feel like drinking. I've not had a pint since 1:30.

That's how bad it is!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Very flat. Not so much about the result but:

* We did not play well at all today, lost the 50/50s, gave away possession and lacked creativity in our most important game of the season so far
* Dunk was ridiculous, to dive in like that after already getting a stupid first yellow was ludicrous
* Brough will have watched on rubbing their hands together following their game on Friday, they were the ones feeling low, especially if we had won again today
* Burnley went into their game today knowing we had choked.

All in all it has left me feeling very down tonight. I still want to believe but part of me feels like today was the day we knobbed it up.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yep,don't think i have ever been so despondent in a late Brighton goal....ever.

Kind of nice too in a weird way,funny scenario we find ourselves in this season.....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
F**k no.

It was an even game today, that's what this division produces. They scored from a scrappy goal, we weren't great at Forest or Charlton but we won, it all about next week now. Believe!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
We can still win the league. I'm pretty happy about that (however unlikely it is that Charloton will beat Burnley). Need to stay positive :albion2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Boro have a dilemma now, set up and play out a draw or attack and go for the win. We have no such issues, little pressure as underdogs and a second bite at the cherry.

Today could have gone better, but it's still in our hands.

:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the long ball merchants have taken the edge off the euphoria we should be feeling

To be fair, that was us all over today....humping the ball on to their huge centre backs!

Need on Saturday to play the game we have been doing all season! Hemed is NOT a target man!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I do not think its that bad.
We have two chances right now.
A win at Boro or the playoffs, I would prefer to go to Boro with no fear to just go for it and get the job done.
I've even had my QPR work colleague apologising for them not getting a result at Burnley.:albion2:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I actually think this might help us, as our players if had won today might have felt that the job was nearly done and taken the foot off gas slightly, we didnt play well today for the majority of it, made mistakes and isnt great no Dunk for last game as has been exceptional but he does these stupid things and this could cost us.
But better to get this out the way and one thing Wilson looked well up for it when he come on and deserved his goal, now we going to middlesboro knowing need to win and thats it, the players know it and i have a good feeling we going to do it as they arent much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here