Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Murphy

Members
    Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

Jamie Murphy

1 Not allowed!
    Was tearing teams apart not so long ago - am genuinely mystified why he is not getting a kick at the moment
    "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      I question his delivery, Skalak has been crucial recently with this, however thought he was poor today. I would have put Murphy on instead of Lua Lua, but I know nothing.

3 Not allowed!
      Agree. Lua lua is a spent force.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Ineffective, however Lua Lua slows out play down. Rather Murphy came on at boro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Rewatch Knockaert and Skalak's performances against Fulham and QPR and ask yourself whether you'd drop either for Murphy.
      BN3 7DE

1 Not allowed!
      Because Skalak has been in good form? It's not rocket science.

That being said I'd start Murphy against Boro.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was tearing teams apart not so long ago - am genuinely mystified why he is not getting a kick at the moment
      Knockaert and Skalak are better........................ .
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jonny.rainbow View Post
      Rewatch Knockaert and Skalak's performances against Fulham and QPR and ask yourself whether you'd drop either for Murphy.
      No you wouldn't,but you'd prefer Murphy to lua lua that I'm sure of

2 Not allowed!
      Knockaert is a class apart. The other three all have their own qualities. We are lucky to have them all. I'm happy for any of them to play. Not to mention Super Solly.
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jonny.rainbow View Post
      Knocky should never be dropped but yes I would drop Skalak who for me doesn't stretch teams enough down the left, so much of our play ended up going nowhere today when it reached him. For me his Bechkam-like skills do not deserve to be ahead of Murphy's ability to go past players and scare the life out of full backs. I know Hughton doesn't see it that way (at the moment at least) but today will focus his attention a lot on whether he is getting this decision right.
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006