Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the dream end to the season looks to have slipped us away

UTB86

Banned
May 2, 2016
Unless something amazing happens and both QPR & Charlton do us a favour, it looks like it's one of us (Boro fan in relative peace here!)

I would love to see you lot get promoted, just obviously not at our expense so despite many of you doing a long trek next Saturday, if it's not with the possibility of us both going up still then I'm afraid I'll just hope you get up via the play-offs, cos they're certainly not something I'd be looking forward to again after last season.......

Whatever the outcome, you've had a great season, Hughton has done wonders with you lot like, please don't Newcastle him off if you do get to the Prem or the consequences might serve you right, like they have with that pack of wankers

:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unless something amazing happens and both QPR & Charlton do us a favour, it looks like it's one of us (Boro fan in relative peace here!)

I would love to see you lot get promoted, just obviously not at our expense so despite many of you doing a long trek next Saturday, if it's not with the possibility of us both going up still then I'm afraid I'll just hope you get up via the play-offs, cos they're certainly not something I'd be looking forward to again after last season.......

Whatever the outcome, you've had a great season, Hughton has done wonders with you lot like, please don't Newcastle him off if you do get to the Prem or the consequences might serve you right, like they have with that pack of wankers

:thumbsup:

I do not think that Hughton will be on his way unless he wants out even if we revert to being chokers in the playoffs again.

UTB86

Banned
May 2, 2016
I do not think that Hughton will be on his way unless he wants out even if we revert to being chokers in the playoffs again.

He never got the choice with Newcastle, his reward for taking them up was the sack and getting Pardew in (I think it was Pardew)

You lot seem to have a bit more about you to think you're all that like they do though

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
He never got the choice with Newcastle, his reward for taking them up was the sack and getting Pardew in (I think it was Pardew)

You lot seem to have a bit more about you to think you're all that like they do though

Just pray burnley lose both games

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Will be a wonderful spectacle that i don't recall seeing in this division before...well I think not.
You will be hot favs as you only need to avoid defeat,but I honestly believe that having to win is a good thing for us rather than avoiding defeat as we have the players to score.

May the best team march on :)

UTB86

Banned
May 2, 2016
Just pray burnley lose both games

actually, don't they only need to lose one and draw one? if we both draw next week, assuming they draw & lose we'd both finish a point above them (doubt it will happen now they've just scored like but you never know)

Nice comments from the Boro fan - agree that whoever wins next week deserves it

RedArmy86

Apr 20, 2016
It's a real shame we both can't do it on Saturday. Whatever happens you've had an outstanding season. It's an absolute travesty that either us don't go up, a huge gap between 3rd and 4th.

It'll be a tough ask to come up here and win but you score goals so who knows. It should be a cracker but I think that us just needing a point changes our game plan and makes it a tougher ask for you.

Whoever goes into the playoffs from us really deserve to win it but we know it doesn't work like that. Safe travels to all who travel up here, see you all Saturday!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It's a real shame we both can't do it on Saturday. Whatever happens you've had an outstanding season. It's an absolute travesty that either us don't go up, a huge gap between 3rd and 4th.

It'll be a tough ask to come up here and win but you score goals so who knows. It should be a cracker but I think that us just needing a point changes our game plan and makes it a tougher ask for you.

Whoever goes into the playoffs from us really deserve to win it but we know it doesn't work like that. Safe travels to all who travel up here, see you all Saturday!

Fair play, much respect.

That's an interesting point but to be honest I think you'd be clever not to change anything in the game plan. Defending for a point would be unwise against a team like us who generally (not today admittedly) have attacked better than defended faultlessly. You'd be far better trying to expose our real weaknesses, which to be fair you did in the Amex game

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
If either of us miss out on promotion at least we will be playing in a league where we can play and be sure of a top half of the table position rather than fighting relegation in the Premiership

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here