Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk red blessing in disguise?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Don't get me wrong, I really rate Lewis as a centre back and after some shaky games earlier in the season he has been excellent at the back in some tough games. However, I always feel like in the big games and the big moments he is somewhat over exuberant and can make some extremely rash decisions. Expecting a flaming, but with Greer's experience feel like it could be a good thing to have our club captain back in the side.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
No blessing, no disguise. As a Palace fan just said to me 'I think the loss of Dunk is perhaps more significant than the draw. Decent player'. Even rivals can see it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's not a blessing. Broken the CB pairing before the biggest game in 20 years. Greer not played since Xmas....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Dunk can consider himself a little unlucky, the ref let a couple of other players get away with challenges just as bad without booking them.

It is in no way a blessing that our CB partnership, that has worked so well recently has been broken up.

Greer is older, slower and cannot be match fit

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
If you really think it's a blessing in disguise, have a look at the Boro fans forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not like Dunk to get sent off in an important game. :down:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He always seems to have a big error in him. Flashbacks to the Palace away game and the Liverpool FA Cup game a couple of seasons back. QPR game this season too. Only problem is Greer hasn't played for quite a while.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we had to be without a player next week, Dunk would be reasonably high on the list of players we'd least like to be missing, but not the highest. I'd be despondent if we'd lost Knockeart or Kayal as they have no replacement. Greet is club captain and first choice back during our early season unbeaten run.

I'd go as far as to say I'm more relieved that Goldson is ok. His pace gets us out of a lot of problems.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
With Dunk suspended and Hunemeier still crocked we also have little in the way of cover.

It's a worry.
It is a concern, but at least it's just one game. We must've played 5-6 games in December to Jan where injury to any of our back four would've meant a replacement from the U21s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here