Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread of positivity

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've posted the following on the official match thread but it's a mosh of conflicting emotion in there right now. I'm reposting this in a thread of its own for all the can-do-ers out there. Call it shamelessly "look at me" if you will but let's make this a thread of solidarity for the gut wrenching few days to come. Pile in with positive vibes. Go!

Well that's quite nice but it doesn't really change anything unless Burley implode this afternoon.

I've given myself a few minutes to simmer down. Oddly, I feel pretty good after a fairly woeful second half display. A couple of games ago I said on here that I could not see us going on to win seven straight matches. I didn't get flamed as such but a couple of people told me off for being a Debbie Downer. While winning streaks like that are possible they are rare and I just never felt that we would pull it off. Now that streak has been broken I just feel that it's less improbable that we will go up to Boro and win. It might not make sense to many but it's just my gut reaction.

Today the pressure was all on us and it showed. Derby had basically achieved their objective (playoffs) before kickoff and could play with more freedom. On Saturday there will be pressure on us to go and win for sure but there is also massive pressure on Boro to finish the job too. I feel we will nestle back into the underdog role that has suited us so well all season. I wouldn't say I am confident but I'm also very far from despondent. We have the tools to do this. We just have to hope we can do it on the day.

This has been a simply magnificent season. The board, the manager, the team, all at the club and the supporters have shared something special. We might not get the dream ending but even then all is not lost. I bloody love this team. In around 35 years of following them there have been few seasons as exciting and invigorating as this.

It doesn't matter what division we are in. We are Brighton. We're still here. Together,

Let's bloody do this.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
1 win from the prem, most of us would have taken that at the beginning of the season. Even if we don't we've got the playoffs.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If Burnley lose to QPR and Charlton then we are already up. :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Last time we played as badly we won our next game 4-0 away.

People keep saying this but I don't think we did play that badly. We just had or poor spell in the second half rather than at the start like we normally do. Today was the best I've seen us start a match in ages.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Second half was as bad as Cardiff but first half we were good.

Less expectation on us now for Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We have 90 minutes(ish) and all we have to do is win that 1 game.
We can do it if we believe.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
People keep saying this but I don't think we did play that badly. We just had or poor spell in the second half rather than at the start like we normally do. Today was the best I've seen us start a match in ages.

It's an opinion, but I think that you're in a minority with it. I don't even remember AK having a run in the 2nd half, whereas he was the best player on the pitch by a mile in the 1st.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's an opinion, but I think that you're in a minority with it. I don't even remember AK having a run in the 2nd half, whereas he was the best player on the pitch by a mile in the 1st.

Isn't that pretty much what I said?! I agree wholeheartedly.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We were poor in the second half but I don't feel down. Before the game started we knew we could draw with Derby and still go up with a win at Boro. Nothing has changed. I thought Derby looked a good side today (apart from that C**T Martin who should be euthanized) but we were the better team in the first half. We can beat Boro for sure.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Stockdale on radio now sounding down to earth and sound as always. Local radio interviewer sounding desperate to create some kind of narrative. As always.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No sitting back next week, we have to try to win the game. I think that suits us. I was worried that Hughton might invite them on, now it's shit or bust. The other positive (so far) is burnley's nervy performance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here