Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh **** the weather is bad today of all days

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was really hoping the weather would be nice today. We have tended not to play as well in wet weather. Not all the time but games like Cardiff away and Sheff Wed at home I recall we played poorly when it rained. Also, we have a tendency to rest Kayal when the pitches are wet to protect the injury he is carrying.

Ah well it is what it is and we just need to get on with it. Onwards and Upwards - Quite nervous but quite excited at the day ahead.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Think it will be dry enough come 2-30 looking at the forecast.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
wea.JPG

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Sooooooo, we rest Kayal when it's wet due to risk of aggravating an injury.....

..... And then we go and water the pitch every game before the start and at half time.....

Ohhhhhhhh kaaaaayyyyyy

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sooooooo, we rest Kayal when it's wet due to risk of aggravating an injury.....

..... And then we go and water the pitch every game before the start and at half time.....

Ohhhhhhhh kaaaaayyyyyy

Watering a pitch to be able to grip the type of studs the players have chosen is very different to drenched pitches

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't they invest in a big inflatable pitch cover to stop the pitch getting too wet before a game?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't know but if you have heavy rain during a match that wouldn't help.

It will be interesting to see if Beram plays today. Can't really afford him not to play but by the same token, it would be worse if he got injured and couldn't play in next weeks game or the play offs

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shows what a load of shite bbc forecasts are. It's lashing it down and foggy now. Neither of which are shown.

Edit: my sources say far to thick at the moment for football. Should clear though hopefully.

It's 8am now, that forecast starts at 11.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Don't panic ...... it was throwing it down with that fine really 'get you wet' type rain in BN3 an hour ago ..... it's now stopped. It WILL clear up.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
We had this weather for that last Goldstone game against Doncaster and it reflected our mood of desperation. Is it an omen, we won that game didn't we?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was really hoping the weather would be nice today. We have tended not to play as well in wet weather. Not all the time but games like Cardiff away and Sheff Wed at home I recall we played poorly when it rained. Also, we have a tendency to rest Kayal when the pitches are wet to protect the injury he is carrying.

Ah well it is what it is and we just need to get on with it. Onwards and Upwards - Quite nervous but quite excited at the day ahead.

Was wet/raining for a recent home game (QPR? Fulham?), and Kayal still played. Is he still carrying that injury, or has it healed now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here