Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nerves and lack of sleep!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Is anone else suffering from sleep deprivation this week?

I am waking up numerous times in the night thinking about today and next Saturday and all the different permutations. Woke up again at 4:30 am this morning and can't go back off now as I was dreaming that we were 2.1 uo against Boro with 10 minutes to go and then I woke up!

I'm a 34 year old father of 2 with a responsible job, what is wrong with me?!

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
I was awake at 04:30 this morning as well, but I think that had more to do with half a bottle of red wine last night than nerves.

Having said that, the first thing I thought about when I woke up was today's game............

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
It's ridiculous isn't it but I'm the same. My sub conscious is working overtime, restless nights and same as you with keep thinking about all the permutations. It's a pleasure pain thing.
I'm 46 so it probably doesn't get any easier the older you get.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think that you're all a bit sad being on here this early in the morning.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Wakey wakey
image.jpeg

seagull07

Kurt must score!
Jan 5, 2007
West Sussex
I'm in the ****ed up sleep pattern club ��

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
My daughter had STOLEN my Bluetooth speaker again and put it in her room. I just woke her gently with a blast of 'Boys in the old Brighton blue' Oh how she laughed.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
5:10am wake up here. Not great as only got back from work at 1am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm into the last hour of my 15 hour night duty. Am going to go home and have a short, gentle three mile run before hitting the sack. I don't imagine sleep will be a problem but I'll just bag a few hours so I can be sat in front of the sofa in time for kick off.

I still feel a bit ill though.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Same here. 58 years old, no better with the pre-match nerves than I was before Newcastle, the Cup Final, Hereford, etc etc. After all, it's only a football match. Isn't it?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I woke up at 0300, mainly due to alcohol consumption last night.

I've been thinking of nothing other than today's game and my nerves are shot to pieces. I can't even decide which time train to get to Falmer from Hastings yet..............................

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I was going to try and keep today as short as possible, have a lie in, pop to work for a bit, watch the game

Kids put paid to a lie in, only one at work and still 7 hours till KO, today is going to drag

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Sitting at Gatwick waiting for a customer pick up but yes all I can think about is today don't care about me job today . Tried to explain how I feel to the wife didn't work thinks I'm a childish idiot and should grow up (46) lol

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was up before my 20 moth old today. That's unheard of. Didn't have a drink last night which has helped with the sleep but still woke up with the dawn chorus.

Been tossing and turning in bed for the last 2 hours so given up. I'm now laying on the sofa in the darkened room in silence on here whilst the other two are still fast asleep.

I need a drink already but I have none in the house.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Been awake since 4.30 this morning. Bloody alarm repeater doesn't recognise Bank Holidays :facepalm:

Tried to go back to sleep but not a chance.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Our lack of wins against the top 8 is doing my head in, can't sleep. Lets bury that stat...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No need to be nervous as a draw or loss still means we need to beat borough away as was the case anyway.
Thanks to Birmingham this game has far less pressure unlike the Charlton game.

Enjoy the ride

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here